General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocket Broadsides/knocks Over Minivan!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 08:26 PM
XXXRacing
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rocket Broadsides/knocks Over Minivan!

We had a similar accident near me a few years ago. The guy on a sport bike was running from a cop and hit a girl backing out of her driveway. Guy on bike killed instantly along with the young girl driver of the pt cruiser. Passenger in the car was seriously injured. Was very sad.

Old 02-23-2007, 12:47 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I stuck my Yamaha RD350 into the grille of a Ford station wagon 30 years ago. It was the the other guys fault and I was lucky I was thrown clear of the vehicle or the blunt trauma would have been fatal. I wansn't even speeding. But I hate to see any young stupid kid do this because I have been there. Just a shame........

Old 02-23-2007, 01:24 AM
chopperz71
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

I hope everyone involved is ok. And, I hope the kid learned a lesson.

Old 02-23-2007, 01:48 AM
mgumto
Banned

ORIGINAL: Clammy

ORIGINAL: thesmithiz

I think some of you mised the point, it's not about that he wasn't or isn't stupid etc. and maybe some of you haven't done stupid or dangerous stuff in your past then good for you and I am glad you didn't have harsh lessons in life. My point and I think some of the others that posted is it is just very sad and disturbing to post something stating that you wished someone would die...that's it nothing more nothing less. If that kid was a family member I think most would have a much different statement to make, but hell this a forum and we are all entitled to an opinion.
Sorry, but I have zero sympathy for stupid people who recklessly endanger the lives of others. If in the course of their recklessness, they only hurt or kill themselves, the rest of us are lucky, and they have no one to blame but themselves. Why should I give a **** about some mindless fool who obviously doesn't give a crap about anyone else? They reap what they sow. Unfortunately, they also hurt and kill many innocent people along the way. The less of them on the road the better.

I don't "wish" for them to die, but I don't care if they do.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]
Sounds like Clammy has never in his life riddena wheelie or driven recklesslyever. I bet he's never drank and driven home either. He must be a perfect citizen. Glad he's in Canada, our little bitch of a country that it is. Saying you "dont care" if he lives or dies because he was being reckless is just plain ridiculous. Hmm, I wonder if you say the same when someone who's driving safely gets hit by a car?? You don't care then either I bet. Or wait, since they were driving and obeying traffic laws, you do feel bad for them and sympathize with that scenario. Bottom line is this guy was a fellow biker. I've seen plenty of idiots on Harleys and all bikes and I never wish this upon them. And like someone else said, this guy basically was riding like most of us have in the past but unfortunately for him, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Old 02-23-2007, 02:19 PM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,912 Likes on 814 Posts

ORIGINAL: mgumto
Sounds like Clammy has never in his life riddena wheelie or driven recklesslyever. I bet he's never drank and driven home either. He must be a perfect citizen. Glad he's in Canada, our little bitch of a country that it is. Saying you "dont care" if he lives or dies because he was being reckless is just plain ridiculous. Hmm, I wonder if you say the same when someone who's driving safely gets hit by a car?? You don't care then either I bet. Or wait, since they were driving and obeying traffic laws, you do feel bad for them and sympathize with that scenario. Bottom line is this guy was a fellow biker. I've seen plenty of idiots on Harleys and all bikes and I never wish this upon them. And like someone else said, this guy basically was riding like most of us have in the past but unfortunately for him, he was in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Yeah, whatever, pal. You should actually read what I wrote before going off on your little rant. My unsympathetic viewpoint extends ONLY to those who recklessly endanger others by their actions. If the guy was riding like a human and got run over by some cager or lost control of his bike, I'd feel bad for him, but he did this to himself, so to me it's one less moron putting ME in danger on the road, and that's a good thing. If he croaks, oh well. He decided to do what he did, and he has to accept the consequences.

Sure I've done dumb things (although wheelies on a motorcycle isn't one of them), like everyone else. I got away with some and got into trouble with some. But I took my lumps and accepted responsibility for my actions, and eventually learned to not do dumbass crap in the first place. If I was to drive like a retard, endangering the lives of others around me and I bought it, I'd have no one to blame but ME, and no one should feel bad for me killing myself due to stupidity.

Frankly, I don't give a rat's *** if EVERY person on the planet rode like that. It doesn't excuse this guy, or anyone else who is so selfish that they put others' lives in danger by riding like that.

People that ride like this clown may as well be walking around randomly firing guns into crowds. So if they take themselves out before killing me or anyone else, all the better. How sympathetic would you be if he'd crashed into a car full of kids and killed a couple?

Finally, as I said in my previous post. I don't "wish" the guy to die, I just don't care if he does. HE chose to be an idiot, and if he has to pay for it with his life, it was HIS decision. HIS desicion could have hurt or killed someone else.

Oh, and nice shot at the whole country. You really got me with the "Canada is our little bitch" remark.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Cheers!

Old 02-23-2007, 09:48 PM
mgumto
Banned

Clammy

Your entitled to your own opinion. The only problem I had with your post was you saying "you didn't care" if the rider lived or died. Regardless of how he was driving, being reckless or not, I certainly wouldn't wish or say "who cares" if he lives or dies. Riding motorcycles to me is a great joy and it probably was for this dude as well...not gonna argue anymore as you said your piece, and I said mine...

Old 02-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Hydraboss
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Clammy, for what it's worth (obviously not much) I'm with you 100%. This little pr*ck deserves what he gets. The only people who would disagree with that statement probably don't believe in personal responsibility. Had the little monster hit my wife and kids, he would wish he had died. But a lot of people don't think of it that way. "He was just being a silly little kid!" BS. He was risking the lives of others, and if he dies, he dies. Probably won't ride like that again.

Coldhearted? Who cares.

Old 02-24-2007, 08:47 AM
Roses
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: kpreese

ORIGINAL: C.Jay
But I don't think it deserves death....[&:]
I agree, I certainly hope he survives. If he is going to kill someone later, then I would want him to die. Of course, we have no way of knowing. But this idiot shouldn't be allowed to have a drivers license for 5 years and maybe never a motorcycle license ever again. We need REAL penalties for this kind of riding/driving. Those idiots in their riced out civics are dangerous as well, they act like it's a video game.

You drive like crap, you lose your license for a year, do it again and it's 5 years, once more andno more license for you. Cause a wreck while doing something stupid and it needs to be very severe,BUT it should be severe even if you get lucky. And I wish we had a standard law like if you run from the cops, minimum 1 year in jail and no more drivers license PERIOD . . . EVER. And we need public service announcements on TV to that affect. When that kid has a chance to decide to pull over and get a ticket or *maybe* lose his license for a year orrunand go to jail and never ride/drive again, maybe he'll think twice.

They probably think that running has 3 outcomes: you wreck and get hurt, you get away or you get caught. The punishment for what they've already done is probably so close to that for an attempted get-away that they think it's worth the risk. They may think that last option isn't likely, but the punishment needs to be brutal if it does.

In my opinion, it is very similar to the DUI problem, there simply isn't enough deterent in place. People with no priors who kill someone while DUI are locked up for 10+ years and others with 5 DUIs are still driving. The difference is they didn't kill anyone . . . yet. THEY ALREADY COMMITTED THE CRIME when they got behind the wheel. I'm not saying someone that kills someone shouldn't be locked up, I'm just saying they think theodds of that happening are so low that it isn't a deterent at all. Tell people that a DUI means public humiliation and no driving for years (even if it costs them their job) and then it starts to become more of a deterent. We probably need to consider a mandatory 30 day jail sentence too.

Sorry for the rant, but I certainly hope he is alive and will recover. I just don't want him controlling a weapon anymore. Like many others, I've got some personal losses and scars due to other people who aren't smart enough to project ahead and see the consequences of their actions. People like that needa little help sometimes before they understand (or care) about making the right decision. The consequences are paid by others TOO OFTEN.

Kevin
You make some very valid points. However,you are looking at it from a rational and logical perspective. The "criminal" mind rarely takes into account the consequences of their actions. They are omnipotent and egocentric. They rarely blame their own actions for the predicament they find themselves in. They do not see themselves as learning a lesson or being punishedfor a wrong. They deny their own responsibility and see their plight as the end result of someone elses actions. If the threat of punishment worked for these types of people, OUR PRISONS WOULD BE EMPTY. Our only hope is to lock them away from society for a while and enjoy the relative calm that their absence from society brings.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:02 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If it were my wife and kids in the mini van, I would let this dude heal up, then put on my Energizer Bunny suit, get my baseball bat, and beat him until he had to go into the hospital again. Sympathy for him? No. I won't wish death on anyone, but I won't sympathize or show concern for anyoneif their stupid actions lead to their demise. Especially if I don't know them personally. Darwin at work, is what it is.

Old 02-24-2007, 09:09 AM
Trailfndr
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Clammy

ORIGINAL: mgumto
Yeah, whatever, pal. You should actually read what I wrote before going off on your little rant. My unsympathetic viewpoint extends ONLY to those who recklessly endanger others by their actions. If the guy was riding like a human and got run over by some cager or lost control of his bike, I'd feel bad for him, but he did this to himself, so to me it's one less moron putting ME in danger on the road, and that's a good thing. If he croaks, oh well. He decided to do what he did, and he has to accept the consequences.

Sure I've done dumb things (although wheelies on a motorcycle isn't one of them), like everyone else. I got away with some and got into trouble with some. But I took my lumps and accepted responsibility for my actions, and eventually learned to not do dumbass crap in the first place. If I was to drive like a retard, endangering the lives of others around me and I bought it, I'd have no one to blame but ME, and no one should feel bad for me killing myself due to stupidity.

Frankly, I don't give a rat's *** if EVERY person on the planet rode like that. It doesn't excuse this guy, or anyone else who is so selfish that they put others' lives in danger by riding like that.

People that ride like this clown may as well be walking around randomly firing guns into crowds. So if they take themselves out before killing me or anyone else, all the better. How sympathetic would you be if he'd crashed into a car full of kids and killed a couple?

Finally, as I said in my previous post. I don't "wish" the guy to die, I just don't care if he does. HE chose to be an idiot, and if he has to pay for it with his life, it was HIS decision. HIS desicion could have hurt or killed someone else.

Oh, and nice shot at the whole country. You really got me with the "Canada is our little bitch" remark.[sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Cheers!

I got to agree 100% if you wnat to drive like a moron, go to a track where the only person you hurt or kill is yourself. If our laws would more severly punish these idiots doing wheelies on public streets, this sort of thing would happen much less often.

I have no remorse for the rider...but I feel damned sorry for the INNOCENT victim in the Minivan.

I don't wish the guy dead, but I won't cry over his stupidity either.

The type of activity he chose (of his own free will, as an ADULT) caused himself harm...Oh well...too bad for him. We should feel more remorse that a bike rider injured yet another innocent person, adding more fuel to the fires already stacked against us in the publics view.

Quick Reply: Rocket Broadsides/knocks Over Minivan!