General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rocket Broadsides/knocks Over Minivan!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 02:42 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Rocket Broadsides/knocks Over Minivan!

It's too bad wisdom can only be acquired through experience and age. As I look back, the only difference between me and that kid is that I didn't hit the minivan. I hope everyone is alright and the kid is able to grow old with a little of his acquired wisdom......

Old 02-21-2007, 07:06 PM
mgumto
Banned

ORIGINAL: Clammy

This may sound cold, but if the rider winds up dying, I have no sympathy. People like this put others' lives in danger with their reckless BS, and if they win a Darwin award for it, all the better. One less dangerous fool on the road.

Clammy
Your right, you sound like an a$$hole. So the kid made a mistake. He's 23 riding a sport bike. I think most of us can relate to those days and some of the stupid thing's we did on our sportbikes. Live and learn, and most of us learned without this happening to us fortunately. Unfortunately, this young man learned the hard way.

Hope he's OK.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:18 PM
thesmithiz
Cruiser

Sorry but no body deserves to die for being young, foolish and reckless we were all there and I am sure I am not the only one that can think of equally dumb things from my youth. What you hope for all young people is to either outgrow it quick and don't kill or hurt someone along the wayor get caught and learn the lesson that comes with that. I don't ever wish someone to die like this, remember that kid is someone's son, brother, grandson, best friend, just friend...you get the idea. Ouside of certian criminals wish death on somebody is a pretty crappy thing!

Old 02-22-2007, 02:22 AM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We all did dumb stuff when we were young. Older people like me just have successful experiences, versus this young man who paid the ultimate mistake.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:12 AM
jmpancoast
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: jakedog

It's too bad wisdom can only be acquired through experience and age. As I look back, the only difference between me and that kid is that I didn't hit the minivan. I hope everyone is alright and the kid is able to grow old with a little of his acquired wisdom......
Now this is a statement that hits home. Maybe if I think about it a little more, I can slide a little lower in the seat of my high horse.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:16 AM
fordpartsguy
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: mgumto

This may sound cold, but if the rider winds up dying, I have no sympathy. People like this put others' lives in danger with their reckless BS, and if they win a Darwin award for it, all the better. One less dangerous fool on the road.

Clammy
Your right, you sound like an a$$hole. So the kid made a mistake. He's 23 riding a sport bike. I think most of us can relate to those days and some of the stupid thing's we did on our sportbikes. Live and learn, and most of us learned without this happening to us fortunately. Unfortunately, this young man learned the hard way.

Hope he's OK.
gee, this kid made a mistake. whoopie. let's all have a group hug.QUIT MAKING EXCUSES FOR THE CHRONICALLY STUPID! from the looks of the bars on that bike, he's been making these "stupid mistakes" for quit a while. and stop rationalizing it with the old tired "well, we all did dumb stuff when we were young". i must have been wise before my time, cuz i didn't. if you are so stupid that you put your entertainment above the safety of others, then you deserve to pay the ultimate price. just don't take any innocent folks with you, please.

Old 02-22-2007, 09:59 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,912 Likes on 814 Posts

ORIGINAL: mgumto

Clammy

Hope he's OK.
Bullcrap. That guy knew exactly what he was doing, and what he was doing could have cost others THEIR lives. I don't give a crap if someone wants to kill themselves doing something dangerous or reckless, but as soon as they endanger others, they deserve whatever pain and/or death they get.

The only people I have sympathy for in these situations are the innocent victims of fools like this. The less of these clowns on the road the better it is for everyone else.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Old 02-22-2007, 10:14 AM
redrocker
Cruiser

Exactly, if you want to go out in the country and stunt around, or crack the throttle and blow the cob webs out of your bike that is one thing. But to do it in town putting innocent people in harms way. The people in the mini van could have been a wife, mother, sister, friend, best friend... you get the idea. There is a time and place to be reckless, in heavy traffic, is not that place!

Old 02-22-2007, 10:31 AM
thesmithiz
Cruiser

I think some of you mised the point, it's not about that he wasn't or isn't stupid etc. and maybe some of you haven't done stupid or dangerous stuff in your past then good for you and I am glad you didn't have harsh lessons in life. My point and I think some of the others that posted is it is just very sad and disturbing to post something stating that you wished someone would die...that's it nothing more nothing less. If that kid was a family member I think most would have a much different statement to make, but hell this a forum and we are all entitled to an opinion.

Old 02-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Clammy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,912 Likes on 814 Posts

ORIGINAL: thesmithiz

I think some of you mised the point, it's not about that he wasn't or isn't stupid etc. and maybe some of you haven't done stupid or dangerous stuff in your past then good for you and I am glad you didn't have harsh lessons in life. My point and I think some of the others that posted is it is just very sad and disturbing to post something stating that you wished someone would die...that's it nothing more nothing less. If that kid was a family member I think most would have a much different statement to make, but hell this a forum and we are all entitled to an opinion.
Sorry, but I have zero sympathy for stupid people who recklessly endanger the lives of others. If in the course of their recklessness, they only hurt or kill themselves, the rest of us are lucky, and they have no one to blame but themselves. Why should I give a **** about some mindless fool who obviously doesn't give a crap about anyone else? They reap what they sow. Unfortunately, they also hurt and kill many innocent people along the way. The less of them on the road the better.

I don't "wish" for them to die, but I don't care if they do.

Cheers!
[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=icon_rock.gif]

Quick Reply: Rocket Broadsides/knocks Over Minivan!