General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maybe a little "thanks" when asking for modification info

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2013 | 12:54 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
|
Elite HDF Member
Default Maybe a little "thanks" when asking for modification info

Not gonna mention any names. Almost everyone throws a simple "thanks" out when they message for info on a mod they want to make that I have happened to do.

But recently, a few folks message very blankly "Was this xyx?" "How did you do abc?" No thanks or expression of gratitude for my time, before, or after, I answer.

That's what I do when I ask someone for info. Seems like an easy thing to do.

Now, some of you guys can get all self-righteous about how I'm a whiner and I just shouldn't answer, etc. I'll even give you the icons to do it. haha.

But I still think a little gratitude among bikers is a small thing to ask, even in the virtual mundo.

Old 05-07-2013 | 01:00 PM
Hoghead1975
Novice

Well said, I agree.

Excellent icons too

Old 05-07-2013 | 01:03 PM
Cheeto
Road Captain

I always try to say thanks no matter how small the favor but I think we're in the minority these days. Almost everybody I run into nowadays act like they're entitled to special treatment or something.

Old 05-07-2013 | 01:08 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain

thank you for saying that!!

Old 05-07-2013 | 01:15 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by SoCalSoftailSlim
Not gonna mention any names. Almost everyone throws a simple "thanks" out when they message for info on a mod they want to make that I have happened to do.

But recently, a few folks message very blankly "Was this xyx?" "How did you do abc?" No thanks or expression of gratitude for my time, before, or after, I answer.

That's what I do when I ask someone for info. Seems like an easy thing to do.

Now, some of you guys can get all self-righteous about how I'm a whiner and I just shouldn't answer, etc. I'll even give you the icons to do it. haha.

But I still think a little gratitude among bikers is a small thing to ask, even in the virtual mundo.
I didn't say it, but I was thinking it...

Old 05-07-2013 | 01:15 PM
HarleyGTP
Road Master

Thank you in advance.

Old 05-07-2013 | 01:16 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

SoCal...out if curiosity, since we've PM-ed several times, I looked to see how I ended my messages. No problems there. But I always try to thank whoever it is, for whatever reason they help me because I know they don't have to. And when they do, I'm thankful. Why others aren't, no clue. They might be the same ones who'll drive by you, if you crash and not help!

Old 05-07-2013 | 01:21 PM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member

Well thank you for all your time and expertise

Old 05-07-2013 | 01:22 PM
thephoenix612
Cruiser

I'm from the south, its what we do. having said that, and to play devil's advocate...ya know how when your stuck and all you want to do is just get the f**king thing back together? in their race for power and glory some things slip through the cracks.

Old 05-07-2013 | 01:25 PM
SoCalSoftailSlim
|
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
SoCal...out if curiosity, since we've PM-ed several times, I looked to see how I ended my messages. No problems there. But I always try to thank whoever it is, for whatever reason they help me because I know they don't have to. And when they do, I'm thankful. Why others aren't, no clue. They might be the same ones who'll drive by you, if you crash and not help!
Nah, you're one of the coolest, most even-handed cats here. I could learn a lesson or two in gratitude from you. haha.

Quick Reply: Maybe a little "thanks" when asking for modification info