General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dri-slide is garbage!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 10:53 PM
stuball
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait until that oil gums up and eats the casing.As soon as you picked it back up, It all ran right to the bottom. JMO

Old 05-01-2013, 11:09 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Then the gum is going to run out and get on your tires and you are going to go into an uncontrollable slide and you will have to pick it up again lol

Old 05-01-2013, 11:09 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
The only time I've ever laid a bike on it's side was for fixing a flat on the side of the road.
I thought that was what helmets were for , propping the bike up on it to the pull the rear wheel . What I used mine for .....

Old 05-01-2013, 11:22 PM
soft 02
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,571 Likes on 2,889 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
I thought that was what helmets were for , propping the bike up on it to the pull the rear wheel . What I used mine for .....
Ill have to member that one. I like it! Better be a DOT lid. Dont think the Nov Dot could take it.

Old 05-02-2013, 12:46 AM
backplay
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKinghd60
Oh my god he layed his harley on it's side. I have lost all credibility in the harley world because of that. What will I do. I guess I'll have to sell my bike I have no street cred. It's not fine china it's a harley. get over yourself. I have layed my bike down a few times to practice picking it up. Nothing happened to it and I learned the best way to pick it up. You should try it sometime, even 110 pound people can do it. It's no big deal.

After using the oil my clutch has never been easier and smoother to pull. You can keep your dri-slide. I would have had more fun riding down the road and throwing dollars until I got to the 20+ that I paid for that garbage.

Yes I shook the bottle. I shook it until my arm got numb the second time I used it thinking I didn't shake it enough. Extra oil from servicing the bike. No cost and no shaking.
CJ
Roadking, I wouldn't worry too much about the feedback you're getting. There are a lot of BYM's on here that I'm sure wouldn't know the correct way of picking up their bike. Whatever works for you dude.

Old 05-02-2013, 01:21 AM
stuball
Banned

I knew I had a helmet for a reason? thanks Twisted biker?

Old 05-02-2013, 02:44 AM
stuball
Banned

Op. please tell me you did not pour used oil down your clutch cable? Because that is the way that I am understanding this? Maybe I am wrong?

Old 05-02-2013, 08:18 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,865 Likes on 19,342 Posts

I always lay my bike down each night, gently lay the cover over it and pull it right up to the headlight visor, carefully remove the bugs from her headlight lens, then with a caressing touch softly and lovingly rub her ( no not there ) under the fairing and wish her a peaceful nights sleep, but ... that's just me !!

Old 05-02-2013, 08:43 AM
firefighter616
Club Member
Received 42 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker

Hence the name TwiZted..

Old 05-02-2013, 08:58 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,988 Likes on 17,898 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadKinghd60
Oh my god he layed his harley on it's side. I have lost all credibility in the harley world because of that. What will I do. I guess I'll have to sell my bike I have no street cred. It's not fine china it's a harley. get over yourself. I have layed my bike down a few times to practice picking it up. Nothing happened to it and I learned the best way to pick it up. You should try it sometime, even 110 pound people can do it. It's no big deal.

After using the oil my clutch has never been easier and smoother to pull. You can keep your dri-slide. I would have had more fun riding down the road and throwing dollars until I got to the 20+ that I paid for that garbage.

Yes I shook the bottle. I shook it until my arm got numb the second time I used it thinking I didn't shake it enough. Extra oil from servicing the bike. No cost and no shaking.
CJ
Guy I've lifted my bike in and out of pick ups before alone , not everybody is a spanking new mid life crisis rider some of us been doing this a very long time . Laying it over to lube cables that need changing not lube is a dumbass newb move period .

Quick Reply: dri-slide is garbage!