General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wild Hogs Cameo - Guess Who?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:33 PM
Edelmon
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Wild Hogs Cameo - Guess Who?

Also, The best biker show on TV - Texas Hardtails on Speedvision a couple of years ago. Rick Fairless and crew recreating funny things that happened in the shop. Imagine that - a bunch of true bikers ACTING!!!WAAAHAAAHAAA
I think out of all the "celebrity builders" Rick is my favorite.
http://www.strokersdallas.com/content.php?p=rickrant

Old 02-20-2007, 03:27 PM
tater2stock
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: sporty2003

please dont get me wrong. i love motorcycles till i die but what is it with the three clowns from american chopper. they are popping up everywhere .you would think they started it all.i know they are on everyweek for the last couple of years .but there is alot of other builders out there that build better bikes.the show has went to there heads.and i have heard some nasty stuff about them . i dont know how true it is but i do know they got extra big doors so they can get there head thru them.yes i do watch them because of the fact bikes .but please give me a break.i doubt that they work that cheap they might but i doubt it.fact is they should kiss our ***. we have put them on the map.but i have a list as long as my arm of better builders. and alot classier. my point is they suck.but they do bring us a weekly show about bikes . and that is better than no bikes.
I always love watching how success breeds contempt!

Old 02-20-2007, 05:36 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

OCC does not build bikes, they assemble parts into bikes. Most of the time they use bought fenders, frames, engines, wheels etc. They finally got someone to operate thier CNC machine but they browbeat him. Vinnie and Rick are better fabbers on OCC. I'm going to go see the movie just for comic relief

Bubba

Old 02-20-2007, 05:40 PM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: nine11c2

I think I just saw that Paul Teutel Sr. does a cameo on Wild Hogs. I guess it's possible the rest of the clan shows up as well.
Oh .. those guys that pretend to be bike builders on TV.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:43 PM
Smitty0128
Road Master

i am still going to see the movie and I enjoy OCC for a laugh too (not neccesary for the bikes). For me, Mikey IS the show! that guy is flat out hillarious....

Old 02-20-2007, 05:43 PM
went_postal
Outstanding HDF Member

These OCC bashing threads are always amusing.

As if you would turn down the cash they make for doing what they do.

I don't give a rat's *** that they assemble parts. Not like Harley does much more these days. They may design the stuff... but I am sure they farm out a lot of the fab to other companies that stamp metal and whatnot.

These guys get to be total asshats and get paid to do what they like doing.

Who wouldn't want that?

Old 02-20-2007, 05:45 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

They start with a frame and put parts together to make a bike. Would you prefer that they started by turning iron ore into steel and build all parts from scratch?? I don't understand the comment of "they don't build bikes, they assemble parts." The same could be said about any of the guys in "Biker Build off", maybe that should be called, "Biker Assembly Off."
I don't watch American Chopper but that because I'm more interested in the bikes than the soap opera that that show is.
Arlen Ness, Indian Larry, Covington, and yes OCC, all of them assemble parts to make a bike. That is building.
It's not like they take a HD and put a stage one kit and some chrome on it and say they built it.

I agree with tator, Success breeds contempt.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:51 PM
Panhead_1_9_4_8
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: BigJfxdwg

They start with a frame and put parts together to make a bike. Would you prefer that they started by turning iron ore into steel and build all parts from scratch?? I don't understand the comment of "they don't build bikes, they assemble parts." The same could be said about any of the guys in "Biker Build off", maybe that should be called, "Biker Assembly Off."
I don't watch American Chopper but that because I'm more interested in the bikes than the soap opera that that show is.
Arlen Ness, Indian Larry, Covington, and yes OCC, all of them assemble parts to make a bike. That is building.
It's not like they take a HD and put a stage one kit and some chrome on it and say they built it.

I agree with tator, Success breeds contempt.
Billy Lane builds (built) bikes, Indian Larry built bikes, Matt Hoch build bikes, Jesse builds bikes, Mondo builds bikes.... OCC does not build bikes. I do like the old school stuff that Sr does though.

Old 02-20-2007, 05:51 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

OCC supplied some of the bikes for the "bad guys" in the movie

Old 02-20-2007, 06:04 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

So then what does it mean to "build" a bike then, I just don't get what the difference is. They do metal work on tanks and fenders, they do their own designs, if you like them or not, I'm not a fan of the theme bikes but seriously. One of the shows they did back before it was real big showed some of the stuff Sr. does, that sure looks like he "built" them as much as any of these other guys. By the definition you guys are giving then none of these guys build bikes, they don't make their own motors, trannys, they buy them from somewhere else and assemble them on their bikes as well. Maybe I'm just dense or something but when someone builds a house they didn't make all the parts from scratch themselves and that "building" not assembling a house.
Like I said, If they started with a stock HD and did some mods then I could see that they aren't builders.

Quick Reply: Wild Hogs Cameo - Guess Who?