General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VMOD Terrible experience - recommend you stay away- Can't get my money back

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 01:35 PM
G9803
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default VMOD Terrible experience - recommend you stay away- Can't get my money back

All, I'm posting this as an FYI, a warning. I am not bashing Steve or the company, however I've never had such bad dealings with a company and I am tired of wasting time trying to get my money back.

**Admins I apologize if this is in the wrong place**

I placed an order for an exhaust through Vmod, dealt with Steve directly. I ordered this exhaust March 1st. March 6th rolls around and haven't heard anything regarding shipping. Figured it may take a week or two, no worries. Steve replies stating the product will ship Thursday (March 7th). Needless to say, March 7th comes and goes no email no updates.

March 14th, I email asking for shipping information. Steve tells me there's been a hold up on CFR's end (they were waiting on chrome). A week goes by, I email Steve again on the 22nd asking if I can cancel for I bought an exhaust off a forum member online. I told Steve I'd like to cancel the order and start the refund process. March 22nd I asked for a refund, 10 days go by before I have to email him yet again. April 1st, I send another email to Steve. Steve replies stating he will cancel the order (I asked him to cancel the order on 3/22/13). April 3rd I ask for status of the refund, no reply. April 4th I send another email. Steve replies on the 4th "I believe it has been done". April 6th I send my final email asking for another status update.

In between these emails I've also placed many phone calls, half the time they never answered the phone. I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau earlier this week. I have tried over and over again to get my refund. Steve owes me roughly $560, it's been just shy of 5 weeks since I cancelled the order. I've seen companies issue refunds in hours not months.

I warn you all, I've read bad things about this company, be careful how much you spend with them. They seem to be slacking lately, and I am very angry the fact that Steve has almost $600 of mine. I have placed many calls and sent many emails with no luck. This is ridiculous I have to spend so much time in an attempt to get my money back.

Steve,

If you're reading this, I want my money refunded today. This is no way to conduct business, I hope others adhere to my warnings and stay away from your company. I should not have had to reach out multiple times without updates. I am displeased with your business and hope others spend their money elsewhere.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:39 PM
kingomtn
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you pay by cc or pay pal?

Old 04-25-2013, 01:43 PM
G9803
Cruiser

I paid with my credit card, should have used paypal at least it offers some protection.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:45 PM
kingomtn
Road Captain

doesn't your cc also allow reversal due to no delivery of purchased goods

Old 04-25-2013, 01:49 PM
G9803
Cruiser

It's an ATM card, and the money was taken over March 1st. I can call them and check, but probably too late at this point.

Old 04-25-2013, 01:51 PM
G9803
Cruiser

The point still stands, bad business and I'd hope you all adhere to my warning. This company has done this to others too from what I've read (at least one other posted complaints on another forum).

Old 04-25-2013, 02:14 PM
Roger That
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by G9803
It's an ATM card, and the money was taken over March 1st. I can call them and check, but probably too late at this point.
If it was purchased through your ATM card it will be more difficult but not impossible.

Chances are that you will be able to get your bank's help, it might just take a little longer.

Good luck!

Old 04-25-2013, 02:20 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

For internet purchases its PayPal or nothing....guess you know that now

Last edited by 2kids3pets; 04-26-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:06 PM
G9803
Cruiser

All, don't think the bank will be much help. I always heard good things about this company... Until I had a bad experience. Once I googled the company some more, I found some dirt on them really not happy with them. I hope you guys foresee my warning and go elsewhere.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:33 PM
kingomtn
Road Captain

besides the bank, contact the, to the company, local le or da and explain what happened. Make a report. Contact the guy from the other forum and suggest he do likewise. Cumulatively, the total and pattern demonstrates that the co needs a little education on customer service.
Seems to me you have not exhausted the resources available to you.

Quick Reply: VMOD Terrible experience - recommend you stay away- Can't get my money back