General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not impressed with c&c seats

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 04:47 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain
Received 76 Likes on 54 Posts
Default Not impressed with c&c seats

Long story short, I ordered a seat and unpacked it from the box with a bubble protruding through the seat. Email pics never got a call back, called next day,was told by chuck chuy would get back to me tomorrow , nothing all day. Emailed chuck back and he tells me chuy does not understand English . Followed back with this email last night , still nothing .....Chuck, I purchased a nearly $600 dollar seat from you based on all the good reviews I have read on HD Forums. I must say this has not been a pleasurable experience as far as customer service goes.
When the seat arrived I unpacked it and right away seen the the bubble protruding through the seat. I called and emailed pics of it and never got a call back. I called the next day and talked with Dave (I believe that's what his name was) who looked at the pics and said send it back for repair.
I said to him that I don't like the idea of a brand new seat being repaired and that I wanted a new one made. His reply was that they won't do that it's a warranty issue. Correct me if I'm wrong but how is it a warranty issue when I just received the seat and it came out of the box like that. I could see his point if I had used the seat but its never even been sat on yet.
I have no idea what it takes to make a seat but it seems to me that taking a brand new seat apart after its been built,glued, stitched,and whatever other process it goes through that it now would be a subpar seat.
I don't feel that I'm being unreasonable requesting a new seat and others riders I've talked about this agree,especially for the cost of the seat. Seems to me you could build me a new one and either sell this one as a blemish and or repair it and sell it on your eBay store to keep a happy customer.
Since your only offer was to repair the NEW seat or refund my money and not build a new one for me, I feel like I'm being told to take it or go **** in a hat.
Unfortunately I really like the looks and overall quality of the seat. I also think it puts me in a great riding position and will be a comfortable seat on my long rides compared to the factory 2012 street glide seat.
If you can assure me that repairing the seat is as good as a brand new one and that I have nothing to worry about down the road , then I may consider you doing the repair. Thanks for your attention in this matter.

Last edited by JAKE 2544; 04-11-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:56 PM
pehenley
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am also having an issue with a seat from C&C. I purchased the solo seat with pillion and the pillion does not fasten to the bike properly. It bolts to the bike in the back, but the rest is held down by suction cups. The suction cups to not stick when it is bolted in and the pillion flops around to the point where I wouldn't put my girl on there. I have emailed C&C a few days ago and have not gotten a response yet. I will be calling them tomorrow to see what they have to say. Overall, the solo seat is great.

Old 04-11-2013, 04:58 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

chuck and chuy both have decades of experience so yes, the repair will be just fine.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:04 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dude its simpel send them back the seat they will take care of it for you and send it back to you. soudns to me like you are gettign good service, hell man i garuntee given C&C's repuation for quality here you wouldnt be able to tell if it was a new seat or a repaired seat you got back.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:14 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain

I hated to post this seeing as though they are a sponsor here on HD Forums, but man what ever happen to customer service . Especially when paying that kind of money for a seat.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:19 PM
JAKE 2544
Road Captain

Originally Posted by NSCoyote
dude its simpel send them back the seat they will take care of it for you and send it back to you. soudns to me like you are gettign good service, hell man i garuntee given C&C's repuation for quality here you wouldnt be able to tell if it was a new seat or a repaired seat you got back.
Did you read my last paragraph ? He still hasn't got back to me nearly 24 hrs later again. I still to this point don't think I'm being unreasonable requesting a new seat....

Old 04-11-2013, 05:24 PM
vizcarmb
Stellar HDF Member
Received 553 Likes on 381 Posts

She approves this post

Old 04-11-2013, 05:28 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by JAKE 2544
I hated to post this seeing as though they are a sponsor here on HD Forums, but man what ever happen to customer service . Especially when paying that kind of money for a seat.
its actually really affordable for what you're getting and try to understand they are a small business that got really popular. Chuck is on the wrong side of the technology curve.

not making excuses for them - just trying to explain it. their shop is run out of a commercial strip unit, its not some huge fancy operation.

either way, your request was a bit ridiculous. they offered to fix it and you said no make me a new one? at least they didnt say "ok" and then fix it and send it back to you. and jesus christ man have some patience, you're not their only customer

Old 04-11-2013, 05:31 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JAKE 2544
Did you read my last paragraph ? He still hasn't got back to me nearly 24 hrs later again. I still to this point don't think I'm being unreasonable requesting a new seat....
dude i run a business my self, do you know how many call's e-mails and faxes i get in a 24 hour period and i only handle customers in the maritime provinces of canada
when dealing with a small business like C&C that handles national and international sales of custom work not gettig na response 24 hours later is not that huge of a deal some weeks it might take me 5-7 days to actully get to an e-mail to respond to it.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by stupid_rope
its actually really affordable for what you're getting and try to understand they are a small business that got really popular. Chuck is on the wrong side of the technology curve.

not making excuses for them - just trying to explain it. their shop is run out of a commercial strip unit, its not some huge fancy operation.

either way, your request was a bit ridiculous. they offered to fix it and you said no make me a new one? at least they didnt say "ok" and then fix it and send it back to you. and jesus christ man have some patience, you're not their only customer
I agree with all of this. It's a small company with a huge volume of buisness. Fixing a bubble is pretty easy I can garantee you won't notice.

Quick Reply: Not impressed with c&c seats