General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sunday....

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 06:52 AM
HarleyBob52
Road Warrior
Received 761 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Joker's back
Sporty was on the lift in the shop. The "2 to go" always go. Downtime is an excuse to get together, drink and wrench. Always up.

When I am shining a flashlight in my bike like that it is usually a, where the f... did that screw go moment.. (if that is a flashlight)

Old 04-09-2013, 07:59 AM
OLDDEADEYE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hogcowboy
I don't get it. Every now and then someone posts with a picture supposedly but I don't see a thing. Like this post. What's the deal? No problem with pics usually but now and then like here, nothing. Are ya'll just clowning around or is this a sign of something I could change or look at differently. I only have a Mac and strange things can be attributed to that. So what say ya'll?

When I used to view this forum with Internet Explorer I had problems viewing pics regularly, but no problem since I changed to Mozilla Firefox.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:14 AM
swordy
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 29 Posts

Duely noted and appropriately filed.
good post pic when its sorted cheers.wots it worth over there! looks clean enough.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:10 PM
Joker's back
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swordy
good post pic when its sorted cheers.wots it worth over there! looks clean enough.
You'd have to kill him to get it. He won't part with it, so we'll never know it's monetary worth.

Old 04-09-2013, 04:44 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by OLDDEADEYE
When I used to view this forum with Internet Explorer I had problems viewing pics regularly, but no problem since I changed to Mozilla Firefox.
Well I use Firefox and see everything except for the OP's. Got to be some subtle tweaking that only shows itself on these rare cases.

EDIT: Just took a look with Chrome and sure enough, there the pic is. No I won't switch. Chrome has more bugs than Firefox and they never respond to problems. Been there done that. It's certainly not important but it has me scratching my head trying to figure out what is different about the op's picture.

Last edited by hogcowboy; 04-09-2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:01 PM
Joker's back
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The original picture went from the Android phone it was taken with to Facebook using the Android app. From there, a PC was used to go to Facebook hours later, right click on the pic, choose "Properties" and copy the URL of the Facebook pic. Then, this thread was started here, the URL copied into the image function and the rest, as they say, is perplexing, mundane and history.

And now you know the rest of the story.

Old 04-10-2013, 05:22 PM
hogcowboy
Road Warrior
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

The original picture went from the Android phone it was taken with to Facebook using the Android app. From there, a PC was used to go to Facebook hours later, right click on the pic, choose "Properties" and copy the URL of the Facebook pic. Then, this thread was started here, the URL copied into the image function and the rest, as they say, is perplexing, mundane and history.

And now you know the rest of the story.
I don't see a thing there that's not legit. The only thing I see that might have an outside chance of causing a problem would be an Android device adding some attribute that a Mac doesn't like. I use a Mac. Not likely but who knows. This has only happened twice, maybe three times. Really not worth much to figure out. It's just curious.