Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Sofa Wobble, and the fix

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 06:40 PM
FLGEEZ
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Road Sofa Wobble, and the fix

You might might just have to consider it fiction, depending on your belief system.

Another forum ,(name disclosed by PM) had a series of threads, andT-T as a site sponsor, i think. If you wish to broaden your horizons, send a note about which one.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:02 PM
Keystone
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Well FLGEEZ, I didn't witness the accident. Didn't have to. Those pictures, along with the before pictures, have been posted here, as well as several other places, on the net LONG before you made your first post here. The entire phot's series speaks for it self. Your True Track is using pictures that are extremely misleading. That is Dishonest.

Their device may improve handling, but the pictures on the website are misleading.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:10 PM
vegashd
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: FLGEEZ

Just finished reading the product review of the TRUE TRAC in the April 2007 issue of American Rider.

There have been threads that have stated that the 'myth' of Touring wobble is a head bearing, tire pressure, tire balance, etc problem caused by slack maintenace or self induced imagination. Don't let your maintenance regimen or standard pre ride inspections down, but this is a real problem, under the wrong circumstances.

Other products are out in the aftermarket, RideSTR8, is the other that I have looked at.

But don't believe 100 mph on a straightaway with no wobble sets you apart from the rest of the isolator world. I don't wish the results on anyone.

Take time to read and be informed about Wobble. Save some skin.
Right, and every sportbike made ALSO has the same problem cause their are more then 30 companies making steering stableizers for those as well!!!! Be afraid... be very afraid

Old 02-16-2007, 10:12 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: Keystone

Well FLGEEZ, I didn't witness the accident. Didn't have to. Those pictures, along with the before pictures, have been posted here, as well as several other places, on the net LONG before you made your first post here. The entire phot's series speaks for it self. Your True Track is using pictures that are extremely misleading. That is Dishonest.

Their device may improve handling, but the pictures on the website are misleading.
not to mention the video that goes along with it.

Old 02-16-2007, 10:49 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,828 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Actually a guy around here was there.... dude entered the corner too fast, wide and right after a photo op totally unprepared.

Second you don't get wobbles at low speed. High speed.
That picture is from deals gap. You can only take the corners at like 15-30MPH. No chance for a tank slapper at 30 MPH.

True track and the rest might be great for older bikes that are worn out, but what they really need is...er.. maintenance. Not a life saving 400 dollar do-dad that feeds off the fears of NEW riders.

lp

ORIGINAL: FLGEEZ

Wow,
That's an opinion. I guess this place is kinda like Church.

Don't be speaking the Trinity if it ain't in a RC Church.

Hope it never happens to you and if it does, hope you're up to accepting personal responsibility.

Glad you were there as a witness to the crash. I feel better now.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:10 PM
TJB50
Tourer

If you look at the front tire of the bike that the guy is riding that went down, it is overinflated that doesn't help at all! A high speed wobble is caused, a lot of the time, by poor riding skills, to tight hanging on to the bars! Don't get me wrong, because it can be caused by mechanical issues too, but it seems easier for everyone to lean this way rather than look at themselves first. I do have some experience in this area as in my younger years have spend my time on the track.

Old 02-17-2007, 12:06 AM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you look at the front tire of the bike that the guy is riding that went down, it is overinflated that doesn't help at all!
You can tell looking at that pic that the tire is overinflated?

Really?

CN

Old 02-17-2007, 12:36 AM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

Never claimed to be the only source of intelligence or disreputable information on the planet. It's been in court, on other sites, in cycle magazines...

I frankly do not care whether your impressed with my ability to read or not. Also, I don't think too many baggers have been used on track before.

Spend you time and your money where you want. You have the right to a differing opinion about a subject, but
Damn, why do you guys seem to have to display your Cod Piece size thru degradation?

Only my honest opinion

Old 02-17-2007, 12:41 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

ORIGINAL: Comfortably Numb

If you look at the front tire of the bike that the guy is riding that went down, it is overinflated that doesn't help at all!
You can tell looking at that pic that the tire is overinflated?

Really?

CN
Calibrated Eye-*****, I guess. In the 1st pic, he isalready committed to crashing. Looks to ME, like he went into the corner too fast. The board started dragging, then the frame..in the pic, the right side engine guard is within an inch of dragging.....

Old 02-23-2007, 03:02 AM
FLGEEZ
Road Master

Been awhile, but I'm back.

Never intended to provide verification to a single vendor's veracity. Only suggested that those interested might take a look at another source of information. We have information here, soes just incase someones might want to look somewhere else. It's mind fodder.

Never did take to being told what to think. The article didn't reference the site intro as validity.

Quick Reply: Road Sofa Wobble, and the fix