General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacations: Ship your bke or Rent one?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:29 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
|
Road Warrior
Default RE: Vacations: Ship your bke or Rent one?

ORIGINAL: BlueShift

ORIGINAL: TxHarleyGuy2007

I'm heading out next week to see the parents in AZ. If you're a HOG member rental costs are $25 to $35 a day cheaper for a heritage classic rental in AZ. HOG charges a flat fee for rentals $100 for softails and dynas a day no extra or hidden costs. Hawaii may be slightly higher. I too am frugal with my money.The $25 a day savings will buy my coffee and gas.
That's good to know as I'll be in Phoenix/Scottsdale (Buddy Stubbs HD neck of the woods) in March on biz.
My rental is from Chester's HD.
Good to know. Thanks.

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:29 AM
06TEXASCLASSIC
Tourer

You haven't thought of the obvious? You talk about the money could be spent on a second bike when you get back. HELLO!!!!!
You call ahead to local dealer. Order your new scoot the way you want it. Ride it anytime you want for the 6 or 8 weeks. Take it back to the dealer and have him ship it back to Austin. Problem solved. Your just not thinking outside the box.

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:32 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: 06TEXASCLASSIC

You haven't thought of the obvious? You talk about the money could be spent on a second bike when you get back. HELLO!!!!!
You call ahead to local dealer. Order your new scoot the way you want it. Ride it anytime you want for the 6 or 8 weeks. Take it back to the dealer and have him ship it back to Austin. Problem solved. Your just not thinking outside the box.

As good an idea as it sounds.......on paper. But this ol' boy's next HD is coming from the same place that his last one came from: Dallas, Texas!

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:42 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

With that kind of dealer loyalty you must get treated better than I do at mine.

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:43 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

I know it would be expensive, but just think about riding the roads of Maui on your own bike.

That would be awesome!!!

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:44 AM
06TEXASCLASSIC
Tourer

As good an idea as it sounds.......on paper. But this ol' boy's next HD is coming from the same place that his last one came from: Dallas, Texas!
Sad that we all have to travel to get our HD. As you know I live up here and my bike came from Mason City, Iowa. Seems the dealers get a kick out of selling to some one outside their area, but wont give the local buyer crap.

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:46 AM
06TEXASCLASSIC
Tourer

Sad that we all have to travel to get our HD. As you know I live up here and my bike came from Mason City, Iowa. Seems the dealers get a kick out of selling to some one outside their area, but wont give the local buyer crap.
Up here bieng the DFW area. Not Iowa.

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:46 AM
TxHarleyGuy2007
|
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: BigJfxdwg

With that kind of dealer loyalty you must get treated better than I do at mine.
It's a shame I don't feel the same way about the two dealerships in my own backyard here in Austin. I'd walk to Dallas to buy my next bike before I took a free one at either of the two here in Austin. Okay okay, if it were FREE, that's another story. But you get my drift.

Seriously though, the folks in Dallas treated me first rate each and everytime I stopped by the place while in the area on business. And this was before I bought a bike from them. I'd just stop in to check things out, maybe buy a t-shirt or what have you. The manner in which they handled the sale and service after the sale was excellent. To this day, I get calls from 'someone' at the dealership every now and again to see how things are going with the bike and/or to invite me to any special events they have going on at the shop. Yep, they'll definitely sell me my second bike.

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:54 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm heading out next week to see the parents in AZ. If you're a HOG member rental costs are $25 to $35 a day cheaper for a heritage classic rental in AZ. HOG charges a flat fee for rentals $100 for softails and dynas a day no extra or hidden costs. Hawaii may be slightly higher. I too am frugal with my money.The $25 a day savings will buy my coffee and gas.
That's good to know as I'll be in Phoenix/Scottsdale (Buddy Stubbs HD neck of the woods) in March on biz.
My rental is from Chester's HD.
Good to know. Thanks.
The HOG discount is available all over the world - check if available in Hawaii.

Old 02-16-2007 | 01:56 AM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

I guess I'll cruise down I35 for my next one then. It's only about 1000 miles and I probably would get treated better. The stealer that is 10 miles from me is horrible, I had to go 60 miles for a decent deal and get treated with an ounce of respect.

Quick Reply: Vacations: Ship your bke or Rent one?