General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

gas cap hanger?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2007, 10:29 AM
BREAD
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: gas cap hanger?

ORIGINAL: mightywarlock

its not gonna scratch your paint (unless you are just a dumbass and actually use it to scratch your tank),
You just got my business... [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 02-16-2007, 02:44 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: wldbill

Sorry, please help me out. What is wrong with just putting the cap on top of the gaspump?? Has anybody rode off on a bike and left it behind??
[sm=confused06.gif]Ummm.......YES!Didn't realize it was gone till the next time I filled up. Now I place it on the seat. If I'm sitting on it, I'll know it's not where it belongs.The hanger looks like a good idea, especially if your cap is chrome. The EG cap is plastic and cheap, so I don't worry about it

Old 02-16-2007, 09:33 PM
Skylark
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: mightywarlock

you guys are funny.

ok, here's the skinny on the gas cap hanger i sell...

I am pretty sure it WILL NOT FALL IN YOUR TANK!!

the base of it pops into your gas cap fairly securely, and doesnt really come out that much upon usage. it holds it in there pretty tightly.

IF it begins to wiggle its way out of the gas cap, all you have to do is push it back down.
you will only notice this e every once in a while while you are getting gas.
i have been using mine since the day i bought it a year and a half ago, first in my Wide Glide, and now in my Ultra.
I have absolutely no issues whatsoever.
and yes, the website is www.gascaphanger.com
oh, and i used to place mine on the seat, or on top of something like gloves all the time as well, and every once in a while, it would fall off anyways, and it scratched up my shiny chrome gas cap! that wont happen if you use this gas cap hanger. it cant, unless you are just plain careless and drop it out of your hands when removing it anyways!

this thing is supposed to cost $8.95 (thats what i paid for my first one), and i am giving everyone a break by selling it for $4.95, so for five bucks, its at least worth a try to see if you could find it useful. I do, and thats why i decided to buy a bunch and sell them.

some find it goofy, but most find it useful once they get past that! I know I do.

if you have any more questions, please just ask me. There's not much to it really...i posted pictures of them and how they are installed on the website, and its really not a big deal guys hehe...

its not gonna scratch your paint (unless you are just a dumbass and actually use it to scratch your tank), or fall in your tank (it cant on any of my bikes, they have only a small hole for the gas nozzle, and the base of the hanger will not fit through that at all), it cant fall off or get stuck in the gas tank and hold your cap hostage, as you dont have to pull too hard for it to just pop out, but it is held in there tight enough that it wont just come loose.

Plus $4.50 shipping. My mistake, $3.95 shipping. I apologize.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:09 AM
drifter4
Cruiser

Does putting it in your pocket and then spending two hours looking for it count.
I do stupid **** like that all the time and it's not getting better.
I think it would be in my better interest to get one of those.
Should be easy to make.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:25 AM
SoCalRoadGlide
Cruiser
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks like a solution in search of a problem.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:32 AM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

ORIGINAL: wldbill

Sorry, please help me out. What is wrong with just putting the cap on top of the gaspump?? Has anybody rode off on a bike and left it behind??
Guilty! But I only did it once.......and only went about 30 feet until gas was sloshing all over my red hot TC88........kinda freaked me out........now I'm am super **** paranoid about gassing my bike.

Old 02-17-2007, 04:57 AM
Chief279
Intermediate

I don't know about this one for me but if you like the idea, give it a try. The real question to me is why can't or doesn't the MOCO put a different gas cap on most theirbikes. Hinged and the cap isn'tremoved from tank when open? Lockable? Flush gas cap? Radical concepts I know but it'sprobably something that'spossible with today's modern technology....

Old 02-17-2007, 12:29 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: drifter4

Does putting it in your pocket and then spending two hours looking for it count.
I do stupid **** like that all the time and it's not getting better.
I think it would be in my better interest to get one of those.
Should be easy to make.
Tha twould be a "senior moment", you'll fine they happen more frequently as you age.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:05 PM
Stash
Tourer

$4.00 bucks to ship?????

Toss it in an envelope and throw a stamp on it.

Sorry, I guess I'm cheap.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:33 PM
BirchwhiteHD
Road Master

Mines one of those black plastic caps too,i set mine on my gloves on the seat while i fuel up. some of the replies to this are funny,I'll have to start looking on top of the gas pump for a spare cap when fueling,someone must be leaving them behind

$8.45 shipped to my door for a bent peice of wire,when for $8.45 i can gas up the tank and probally find someones gas capthey left on top of the pump a better deal.

Sorry I dont see this being a hot seller, IMHO

Quick Reply: gas cap hanger?