General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gathering of Eagles (Veterans Take Notice)

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:03 AM
firestarter
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Gathering of Eagles (Veterans Take Notice)

I will be there standing tall with my brothers in arms.

Semper Fi

Old 02-22-2007, 12:00 PM
khyber
Road Captain

firestarter,
you know Karl (jackal) Parker?

S/F.
rs

Old 02-22-2007, 05:00 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Personally, I will be there. I cannot stand by and take the risk that these anti-American whackos would deface a monument to American Servicemen. Especially after having been one myself.

Old 02-22-2007, 05:13 PM
firestarter
Road Captain

khyber,

The name rings a bell but I can't place it. Was he an east coast or west coast Recon guy?If you are coming in for the Gathering of Eagles weneed to linkup.

S/F

ORIGINAL: khyber

firestarter,
you know Karl (jackal) Parker?

S/F.
rs

Old 02-22-2007, 05:41 PM
hambone
Elite HDF Member

We need to have a way for all of us to get together at the wall to meet each other. I'll be traveling on a chartered bus with my Rolling Thunder Chapter from Tenn. Anyone have any ideas of a time a place near the memorial for us to gather? Would be a great mass photo op.

Rick

Old 02-22-2007, 06:39 PM
firestarter
Road Captain

Rick,

Great idea. As we get closer and more details come to light we can set up a rally point.

S/F
Mark

ORIGINAL: hambone

We need to have a way for all of us to get together at the wall to meet each other. I'll be traveling on a chartered bus with my Rolling Thunder Chapter from Tenn. Anyone have any ideas of a time a place near the memorial for us to gather? Would be a great mass photo op.

Rick

Old 02-22-2007, 09:42 PM
khyber
Road Captain

firestarter, he was with 2nd Force, from around 1980 to 1998,retired now. just remembered that 1st got spun up at Del Mar in 86-87 time frame; got another good friend that was there, D. Gerdes.freerepublic has a gathering spot just west of the memorial at the baseball diamond (gotta have that permit to gather). there is also another group from TWS (www.togetherweserved.com) that will be linking up in an area just north of the freepers. you Marines may want to check out that website.

rs

Old 02-23-2007, 09:54 AM
firestarter
Road Captain

khyber,

Thanks for the info. I was a west coast and west pac guy. I was at the Recon school in Coronado when they stood 1st Force up. Retired in 98 out of Quantico and ended up staying here.

S/F

Old 02-26-2007, 05:37 AM
ChiefGator
Road Warrior

I will not be there. Unfortunately, I am going to still be here in Iraq.

I fully support their right to disagree with the war and their right to protest it.

HOWEVER, protesting at the Vietnam wall, is disrespectful to the Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, and Marines who's memories are enshrined there, including two Uncles and two cousins. If not for the grace of God and some quick thinking and improvisation, my Father's name would be there too.

If they want to rally and protest, do it in front of the Capitol or the White House. Stay away from any and all Memorials out of respect.

I highly doubt that the protestors would be stupid enough to physicially desecrate the wall in any way. The act of spitting or painting something on a memorial would be political suicide for their cause, and they know it. My fear is that one zealot will do something that stupid and my brothers respond with violence that will be spun by the left wing media as our fault. This is a train wreck waiting to happen. I really hope that cooler heads prevail.

Old 02-26-2007, 09:16 AM
streetboob
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a bunch of disillusioned a**holes. These idiots do not have a clue. There was mention to the fact that these war protest marches during the Vietnam War were more effective because people didn't have all the media avenues to counter the ideas that people like Jane Fonda were spreading. I think it is actually worse now, because there are thousands of uninformed idiots that make their opinions up from behind a cloud of smoke and try to persuade their other misinformed puppets to follow them.

There is a quote on the "March on Pentagon" website from Darrell Anderson, who was a deserter and conscientous objector. He fleed to Canada when he learned he would be doing a second tour in Iraq. He said: "I feel that by resisting I made up for ... the sins I committed in this war."

His actions disqualify him as a Veteran in my eyes.

I know that it is common for servicemembers to question what they are doing, but ultimately we all know it is our duty.

Wish I could be there, but duty calls.

Quick Reply: Gathering of Eagles (Veterans Take Notice)