General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rally's and Such

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 11:52 PM
bosnmate
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally's and Such

You know, people here have been commenting on having a meet and greet at Daytona which is a great idea, I can't wait to meet some of you all or ya'll as they say in Georgia. There are a lot of members on HDForums, why don't we start our own Rally.

Thunder Beach in Florida was originated by a HOG chapter from Macon Georgia. I imagine we could do the same. What do you all think?

Old 02-14-2007, 11:53 PM
anubisss
Banned
Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Rally's and Such

Sounds good. I think we have several already...But let's start one. First question, where is it to be?

Old 02-15-2007, 12:03 AM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

not at Terry's house , he'll pick hogrock weekend for the date ( I think he does it on purpose to keep the riff raff out )

Old 02-15-2007, 12:06 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

not at Terry's house , he'll pick hogrock weekend for the date ( I think he does it on purpose to keep the riff raff out )
I know we were really torn between Effingham and Hog Rock. But since we are taking a trip the first week or June...and have a family vacaiton the last week of June....we figured another 4 day weekend was out of the question anyway.

You could always skip HogRock and come to the Boogie instead.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:12 AM
Amy
Elite HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say in the dirty south.Maybe in the Mtns. of NC or even VA

Old 02-15-2007, 12:14 AM
bosnmate
Banned

ORIGINAL: anubisss

Sounds good. I think we have several already...But let's start one. First question, where is it to be?
Actually I thought about that a bit. How about Virginia Beach?

It seems we have A LOT of veterans on this board and people who really support and care about our military reside here. Viginia Beach is home to one of the largest Naval Bases the United States has, it is a military town and nothing like a bike rally has ever occured there that I know of. We could even make it a fund raiser type of rally to help the families of deployed military members.

Just an idea.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:15 AM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hogrock for sure , the boogie is not of the running but might skip it and maybe go to that biker bash thing ?? You guys going to it ?? As you can tell , I don't put much into planning things LOL ,problem is we also do I guess what you would call "horse rally's " also so I have to watch my dates a little bit. Was really looking forward to Terry's party , that really bummed me out but if you ever saw where Hogrock is , so much history and scenic rides ,plus it is literally right on the river. He is adding hundreds of acres for next years party, just keeps getting bigger

Old 02-15-2007, 12:17 AM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: zukeeper

hogrock for sure , the boogie is not of the running but might skip it and maybe go to that biker bash thing ?? You guys going to it ?? As you can tell , I don't put much into planning things LOL ,problem is we also do I guess what you would call "horse rally's " also so I have to watch my dates a little bit. Was really looking forward to Terry's party , that really bummed me out but if you ever saw where Hogrock is , so much history and scenic rides ,plus it is literally right on the river. He is adding hundreds of acres for next years party, just keeps getting bigger
Yes we will be at the Bean Blossom Biker Bash also. It's a damn good time too...smaller than the boogie but same atmosphere.

Old 02-15-2007, 12:22 AM
bosnmate
Banned

ORIGINAL: Amy

I say in the dirty south.Maybe in the Mtns. of NC or even VA
Amy has a good idea too. It can be held in the White Top mountain area of Virginia. That area is near Bristol VA and TN and encompases TN, VA and NC. Very nice place to vacation, lots of camp grounds too. The closest town to White Top is Damascus and for those of you familiar with the area, that is home to the Creeper Trail. http://www.vacreepertrail.com/ check it out, great place too.

That is a good idea Amy!!

Old 02-15-2007, 12:32 AM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't forget us left coasters.

Quick Reply: Rally's and Such