General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone been able to actually enjoy an HD dealer visit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 04:40 PM
keith_stepp
Banned
Received 1,505 Likes on 1,077 Posts

Always pretty pleasant experience when I am at the dealer. But, if you want to make sure you are left alone, just walk in with a giant pee stain on your pants. Works for me.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:41 PM
Tailsfrommycrib
Elite HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 47 Posts

I have been to a lot of HD dealership and the salesman are usually pretty cool. They either leave me alone or start up a friendly conversation. Honestly what attracted me to Harley was how laid back their salesman were. They were usually more interested in talking about the places they've been on their Harley than they were with selling me anything.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:44 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Before I got my bike and went in just to look, I was asked about a bike by 4-5 people. First, it's their job. They probably work on commission. But after I got it and "look" like I have a bike...jacket/chaps/helmet...they don't bother me at all other than to greet me. I wonder how they would act, if I went in after work?

Either way, I enjoy going to my dealership. I know the GM pretty well and he's always treated me the way I want to be treated. And the girl who sold me my bike, hugs me and my wife. So my trips there are fun...70 miles one way too!

Old 03-21-2013, 04:52 PM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by oestek
I think most HD dealers are cool places to visit... lots of cool bikes, shirts, and shiny stuff to look at. However, I wish I could walk in to an HD shop JUST ONCE and not be swarmed with sales reps like white on rice.
I know many of the sales guys at my local dealer and they don't ever bother me when I walk into the shop. I always stop in and say high to the guy that sold me my last Harley. They are a good group of guys and the hot looking female merchandise associates aren't overly aggressive either, although I probably wouldn't mind if they were.

Old 03-21-2013, 04:59 PM
adegeorge
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I unfortunatley (for my wallet) live 2 miles away from my dealer. So on rainy days I like to go down and check out parts and and shoot the sh*t with the employees. Everyone there knows me and treats me great. I don't get hasseled when I'm lookin around and everyone is friendly.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:00 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the shop where i bought my last bike has a salesman that rides a pro-stock buell on the n.h.r.a. circuit. his dad is also a salesman there. i really enjoy shooting the breeze with the guys. it is a small town dealership, and everyone greets you and says let me know if you need anything...no pressure. service department is very good too. i will be buying my water-cooled roadglide from them as soon as they get one in!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:10 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,390 Likes on 1,561 Posts

I love going to my 2 local HD dealerships, the staff are all friendly and I never feel hassled or ignored. A few will come out for a smoke and a chat. Been to other dealerships and always get greeted and asked if I want help then left alone to look at merchandise, admire bikes or just get coffee or use the restrooms.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:11 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Liberty HD, Rahway NJ

I always feel comfortable when I go in. The sales people are always polite and you can pick their brains if you need info. They seem to have the right attitude and know when to ask you if you need help or not. Always a hot pot of coffe sitting there, sometimes doughnuts. More than often they'll be in the middle of cooking hamburgers and hotdogs (promo nights), saturdays are some times good for a breakfast, St Pattys for a corned beef meal, etc.

If you aren't enjoying your time there, they aren't doing their job. Bikes and bike crap is discretionary spending. If they want you there they need to show it!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:30 PM
QC
Club Member
Received 19,804 Likes on 9,867 Posts

I usually don't have any trouble at my nearest local. The parts guys all know me by name on sight, even with my back turned. At least one salesman knows me cuz they had a RG I was really looking at. Now he knows I'm there for parts but always points out the latest arrival. This last time a Breakout. "Go ahead and sit on it."
"Nope, too tempting."
"That's why I want you to sit on it!"
All good natured fun.
The pretty girls are all willing to help and just ask once. Depends on what they will help with!!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:42 PM
Twistnride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by oestek
I think most HD dealers are cool places to visit... lots of cool bikes, shirts, and shiny stuff to look at. However, I wish I could walk in to an HD shop JUST ONCE and not be swarmed with sales reps like white on rice.

Last week I went to pick up an o-ring and a gasket to do some maintenance, and I wanted to look at a couple other items (and bikes) during my visit. I knew I wasn't going to spend a ton of cash, so I didn't wish to bother the paid staff and waste their time. I still had 5 people seek me out and try to sell me everything in the place.

I know they need to make their nut, but man, I couldn't get outta there fast enough. I never did spend the quality time perusing the store like I wanted too. What started out to be a casual fun trip to the candy store left me with a sour taste once again. And I probably would have impulse-bought a $40 tee shirt had I been left alone, but not this time.

Come to think of it, I've never bought a single HD branded shirt / accessory... my only HD tee shirt was a gift.

Oh well, rant over, I guess.
Quit whining like a little bitch. So you got more customer service than you wanted. Gee,what a horrible problem.If you had the sack to stand your ground,they would have seen that,and left you alone.Borrow a pair. What a phukin' crybaby.

Quick Reply: Has anyone been able to actually enjoy an HD dealer visit?