General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone been able to actually enjoy an HD dealer visit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 03:35 PM
roadking2000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 128 Likes on 101 Posts

I've enjoyed my visits to 3 of my local HD dealers. There was one in my area that I hated, but they sold out and the new owners turned it into another great local dealer.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:38 PM
khui
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

we only have 2 HD dealerships here on oahu. the first one is a pretty big fish in the automotive industry in the state. The HD dealership actually rents bikes too. I went in to rent a bike but was sold on the idea of owning one. Unfortunately, after 2 hours+ of haggling, we couldn't agree on a price. too bad. was ready to buy. They still have the best showroom for bikes and parts/accesories!

ended up getting my bike from south seas harley davidson in waipahu. 15 minutes and we struck a deal. got to know some of the guys pretty well and they're awesome to deal with!

k.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:10 PM
oestek
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's cool to see the overwhelming majority of dealer visits are good experiences. This thread has given me a cool list of highly recommended dealers to check out around the country. Maybe our local shop will be less aggressive this spring, it has been a long winter and they are probably feeling it.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:27 PM
kwo51
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 68 Likes on 45 Posts

Great bunch of people at Gainesville, Florida dealer.Bikes are pretty women are prettier.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:28 PM
khui
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

there's only 2 harley dealers on the island of oahu. so the pricing is to the dealer's advantage. we don't get the great deals that a lot of folks on the continental US gets. we have to give up some good cash and a body part for a new bike.

k.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:45 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,612 Likes on 849 Posts

The dealer in Albuquerque has salesmen who leave you alone if you're only looking around, but are available if you're looking to buy or have questions.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:05 AM
GARY DYER
Elite HDF Member

Received 689 Likes on 412 Posts

The only problem I have with my dealer is the employee turn around. Just when you get to know the service writer, parts guy, mechanic or motorclothes gal - they're gone. Luckily there are a few that are always there. It's like a revolving door for employees.
Some of our chapter members hate the service dept and will never go there. I've had a couple issues with them but in the end they have come through and fixed the problems.

A volunteer greeter at the door!!!! WTF is that? Are you talking about a Harley dealer or Walmart????? LOL

Roadking2000, maybe if you said where you're from it would help others know where those good dealers are. What are their names? - where are they located?

Old 03-25-2013, 09:45 AM
tmf2
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Has anyone been able to actually enjoy an HD dealer visit?"

Ya, when I drink the free coffee and don't buy anything.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:09 AM
wb0zrd
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

All of the dealerships in the Denver area are pretty decent, I've been to them all. If you are just looking they leave you alone but there are always sales folks around if you have a question. Like others have said they seem to have a fairly large turn over in staff. I believe most all bike sales people work on commission only around here, I don't know how a person could survive on that.

Cheers,
Paul in Colorado

Old 03-25-2013, 10:19 AM
slhanks4
Road Warrior
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

I visit a few dealers in my area (Chandler, Chester's and Superstition) and never get hassled. Sure, they ask if they can help me find something, but that's about all. Unlike the local Hyundai dealer, where I had to go pick up a part for my wife's car. I drove up in my 1991 Bronco and had salesmen shoving each other out of their way to get to me.

Quick Reply: Has anyone been able to actually enjoy an HD dealer visit?