General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Has anyone been able to actually enjoy an HD dealer visit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 09:29 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyZ71
Ah, Sarah. Love to watch her manhandle those big ol' bikes. She is something.

. . . and big ol' bikers.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:04 PM
goodbirds
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Thumbs up

I've been dealing with Zion HD in Washington, UT since I moved here nine years ago. I have never been disappointed by them, and it is just like one big family. They have a barbecue every Saturday and loads of local and passers by stop in for a chat. While I'm not a chapter member, I still get a "good customer" discount at 10%. It is a modern dealership and the general manager is a lady who understands bikers needs. She is always smiling and her employees like to work for her. When my bike needs a wash, they do it for free. (I'm pretty doggone old and I think they take pity on me).

If you're traveling in southern Utah on I-15, take exit 16 east and they are right there.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:47 AM
Sands611
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lake Erie Harley in Avon Oh is attentive but not overbearing. I learned to always walk in thru the service entrance and not the main door where there is a line of sales and check out girls greeting you like your on boarding the Love Boat. I have one HD t-shirt that they gave me when I bought my Ultra last year. I love riding my Harley but I am not a fan of the branded merchandise so I never hit that side of the store where the girls are acting like buy me drink girls pushing jackets, helmets and shirts.

I have to say the parts guys have taken me for more money by recommending additional things I can do to my bike! I always linger in the used bike area looking at others pre owned rides to se what stuff/modifications and other stuff people have done.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:48 AM
weekender2098
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I get " hello, how are you doing today, is there anything I can help you with, my name is ----- if you need anything or have a question.

That is exactly the way I like it.

Old 03-24-2013, 08:56 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,394 Likes on 5,513 Posts

This is the world as it is. First post in mind.
Many gripe if the dealers do not walk up the second you walk in , the rest gripe if they do. You can never make people happy.
The HD dealer I go to most of the time is great they treat me well and do right by me. Every HD dealer I have do business with on the road has been great to me.
I have never had a desire to refer to any of them as Stealers.
Maybe you reap what you sow when it come to others.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 AM
fattyboyrider
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have never had a problem with the HD dealers in the Cleveland Oh area, always friendly and helpful. I like going to them and bsing with the regular customers and employees. I also learn new tips for my bike

Old 03-24-2013, 11:41 AM
perki48
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 4,450 Likes on 2,040 Posts

I always use the Dealers between Coeur D' Alene to Salt Lake as rest stops when traveling. Every one of them treat me very well and let me do my thing without bothering me.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:04 PM
dribble
Grand HDF Member
Received 457 Likes on 248 Posts

Originally Posted by bjewell
Sac H-D folks are great...
When I was rewiring my fuel pump and sender on my 06 softail to the 05 configuration (to install an 05 custom paint set on the 06) HD of Sacramento loaned me their factory wiring diagrams. Not copies but the actual 30" X 30" diagrams and told me to keep them as long as I needed them.

Considering the fact that I have never purchased a bike from them, nor did I buy anything for the project but the plastic pump housing fastener washers for $10.00 I would have to agree. Those folks are great.

Last edited by dribble; 03-24-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:48 PM
bigfish_Oh
Road Warrior
Received 64 Likes on 41 Posts

We usually have a good time. Their is one salesman nearby I can't stand, but thats over in 10 seconds. One girl at my dealer has ask who I am 3 times in row and if i have ever been there before, everyone else knows my first and last name. We are always heading to the bargain rack. yesterday was club day for 40% off the clearance rack and 30% off cleaning products. It's nice to have 18 dealers(locations) in 109 miles, 6 in 50 miles.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:20 PM
doug62
Road Captain
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I actually had a very nice experience today at my local HD dealership in N.Myrtle Beach. After looking around for a bit a young man named Elliot approached me and asked if I needed any help. He was not pushy at all and answered a "barrage" of questions I had. Very nice experience. He offered me the new brochure and was very nice to talk to.

Quick Reply: Has anyone been able to actually enjoy an HD dealer visit?