General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
None
46.08%
5%
1.25%
10%
29.78%
15%
11.29%
20%
10.03%
Employee Discount
1.57%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 05:59 PM
fripple
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?

How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local harley dealership?

I get 10%, which I don't feel is worth the drive. Usually I just order from Chicago HD or Zanottis.

I feel they should at LEAST give 15%-20% on all parts and accessories since I've purchased a bike from them......oh well.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:11 PM
ultraultra
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?

Deep discount?? That's an oxymoron.. like jumbo shrimp. It's 10% around here. Sometimes there is a special sale where it's 15 or 20%. The markup on parts is not as great as you would think. Moco keeps the bucks.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:18 PM
HarleyWood
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?

zero, zip, nada...

the only time they get any of my money is if its a cheap part that I can't justify ordering online (shipping) or if autozone doesn't carry it.

Old 02-14-2007, 06:20 PM
badherb
Road Captain

excuse me please..... what's a d i sss c o u n t ?

Old 02-14-2007, 06:20 PM
jakedog
Road Warrior

I get 15% but need to be a HOG member to get it......

Old 02-14-2007, 06:22 PM
hangnman
Tourer

10%..I call that shallow!

Old 02-14-2007, 06:24 PM
shortfatboy
Banned

I get a "jist count"...jist count out all your dough, and give it to them...

Old 02-14-2007, 06:35 PM
bfrmbama
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

When I lived in Alpharetta, GA and was a member of the Killer Creek HOG chapter, I'd get 15% off. 5% for being a national member and an extra 10% for participating with the chapter (i.e. going on rides, working charity events, attending meetings etc.).

Now that I moved to N Alabama, I don't get jack. The local dealer does have a card they sale for 20 bucks that gives you points for all your purchases throughout the year but it's not as good as an outright discount.

Anyway, after reading so much about them on this forum, I started buying from Chicago HD and man, I am impressed. I'm always looking for a bargain!

Old 02-14-2007, 06:38 PM
Zyklon
Tourer

It seems like the dealers would wake up and see that the on line sales are raking in the money. Even at 20% off ChicagoHD, Zanotti HD and others are doing enough volume to still clear a sizeable profit. The local dealers here are full price or leave empty handed.

Zyklon

Old 02-14-2007, 06:51 PM
Bigdee183
Advanced

Discount?!?! Hell, I cant even get service at my local HD shop (pigtrail HD in arkansas). They dont even know when you walk in. You would think that since they just opened in july 06 they would be trying to win your business. I go down the road to D&D cycle (the little guy), he is about the same price and most others and the they are good people.

D

Quick Reply: How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?