General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
None
46.08%
5%
1.25%
10%
29.78%
15%
11.29%
20%
10.03%
Employee Discount
1.57%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:52 PM
jimb
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?

If I drive 45 minutes south I get 20%.I usually just order online anyway.Ever look at the packages of good old American Harley chrome?A lot of times it's made no where near America

Old 02-14-2007, 06:52 PM
69z28
Road Warrior
Default RE: How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?

10% as a HOG member.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:05 PM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Zero, nothing, aint never gonna happen. Except when I order online at Chicago HD[sm=wootwoot.gif][sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 02-14-2007, 07:09 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put none but my dealer isgood about having discounted sales periods, sending coupons, discounts for HOG members and such. If you're patient you can usually end up with a discount.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:20 PM
bosnmate
Banned

My dealer is one of the MVP dealerships that gives points and such for purchases and services. I joined for I think it was $35.00 before I bought my bike and when I bought the bike it automatically jumped me up to the 13% catagory. So far, I have gotten the $35.00 back out in savings.

When I shop for parts, especially the high price ones like seats. I compare my MVP discount with other vendors like Zanotti's etc... I include everything from sales tax to shipping charges. If it is within $25.00 I will buy from the dealer just to keep adding up the points and being able to walk away with it right then and there. The more points you accumulate the higher the discount. The only problem is, the dealers retail price on HD parts and such is what it is in the catalog, which is good sometimes. One dealer here is about 5% over the catalog price for stuff they have in stock. Unfortunately that dealer is closest to me, I go there look at the part and then buy it at the other dealer or from somebody else if I like it.

Old 02-14-2007, 07:31 PM
Stingraymjb
3rd Gear

Typically 0% discount. Last time I bought something from the local dealer, Ray High-Price HD, Raleigh, NC, I went in with a 15% discount coupon thay mailed me. It was only good on that day and I wanted a replacement windshield. They didn't have it in stock and had to order it. I said that I wanted the discount and would pay for it then. I was told, just bring your coupon in when it comes in. A week later I go back to pick it up - no, sorry you can't have the 15% percent discount, that was only valid on one day [:-]. I got pretty verbally pixx'ed and after 15 mins they decide to give me 15% off.
That was the last time I ever bought any thing that cost more than #10 there. I usually order stuff from Hale's HD, Mansfield, OD - 20% off HD and Kuryakyn (which usually has a better finish than most HD Chinese chrome).

Old 02-14-2007, 07:42 PM
chopperz71
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Zero, 0, zip, nada, none, not even a thank you most of the time.[:@]

Old 02-14-2007, 08:04 PM
06TEXASCLASSIC
Tourer

No discounts here in the Dallas/FTW area. I had one (Long Horn HD) offer to give me a 10% discount on HOG meeting night once a month if I bought a new bike (MSRP+++)from him and joined the local HOG. NAAA I'll pass. I get all my stuff on line.

Old 02-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Guilty
Outstanding HDF Member

I get 10% from 1 dealer in the area (with purchase of a discount card for $55.00/yr. - there are 4 dealers within 1 hour of where I live) and the other 3 dealers don't give discounts. Same dealer that I get 10% discountfrom gives 15% discount to Veterans year-round in appreciation of their service...pretty thoughtful I think. The same dealer runs promotions different times of the year for 10-25% off list...

Old 02-14-2007, 08:58 PM
jbt
Tourer

I get zip at the closest dealer, where I bought my bike. Because I work at Flowmaster, we get employee pricing at a dealer about 45-60 minutes away.

Quick Reply: How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?