General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
None
46.08%
5%
1.25%
10%
29.78%
15%
11.29%
20%
10.03%
Employee Discount
1.57%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Kolni
Banned
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?

ORIGINAL: fripple

I feel they should at LEAST give 15%-20% on all parts and accessories since I've purchased a bike from them......oh well.
WHY?

WalMart doesn't give me a discount on bacon just cause I got my eggs from them.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
frankster
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?

It might be hard to beat Harley of Ocean County New Jersey. They have the rider rewards. Every dollar you spend you get points. The points add up to dollar amounts and you get freeparts.It is hardNOT to spend there.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:04 PM
ricoman
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

local dealer has 6 or 8 "sales" a year. Most often 15%, some 20%.
They also have a "points" card which gives you 1 point per dollar spent (not good on sale days). $1000 in purchases gets $100 store credit to be used on anything they sell, even non-HD stuff. $5000 gets you $600 but who the hell can wait that long!
Over the last few years I have gotten many (too damn many) $100 credits. Pair of HD boots for &15.00 after using points for example.
Those who bitch that 10% isn't enough should think about the discount they get at the Chevy dealer, or the electric company or the water company, or the doctor and pharmacy.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:05 PM
meanbite
Road Warrior

The trick to getting a good price and good service is to make friends with the important people at the dealership. You can't expect much if you are just another customer. I was drinking patron with the owner of one of the local dealerships just last night. He is fixing my bike for free after I dropped it the other day.

Old 09-14-2007, 12:45 PM
fripple
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Kolni

WHY?

Dang, they give me one!

Old 09-14-2007, 01:05 PM
RDM
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Kolni

ORIGINAL: fripple

I feel they should at LEAST give 15%-20% on all parts and accessories since I've purchased a bike from them......oh well.
WHY?

Walmart already discounted the eggs and the bacon.

Old 09-14-2007, 01:17 PM
restlesshawg
Advanced

I don't buy from the local dealer. From my experiences the dealership should be jerked from them and given to someone who will run it right and treat everyone who owns a harley the same. I drive 90 minutes to a dealer in the country to buy parts. I believe though that if you own a harley you should get 20% because for one I am tired of getting raped. I am fortunate enough to own a fatboy and a street glide.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:52 PM
tail11
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Only time I get a discount from my local dealer is when the dealer promotes a ride and expects the HOG chapter to work the entire thing. Then, maybe they'll give us a month of 10% off, usually for motorclothes. Even with the crappy discount, we still end up paying 150% markup.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:21 PM
pauletich
Road Master

ORIGINAL: HarleyWood

zero, zip, nada...

the only time they get any of my money is if its a cheap part that I can't justify ordering online (shipping) or if autozone doesn't carry it.

I 2nd that. Nothing, they do give you an over priced t-**** when you buy a bike.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:04 AM
Rusty914
Tourer

Nothing here. Of course, I didn't buy my bike at the dealer... so I'm not a "preferred" customer. Maybethe "active military" discount Ben mentioned will be good at my dealer.

I'm going to try one of the online guys if it's for planned maintenance.

Quick Reply: How deep of a discount do you get on parts at your local dealership?