General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD LED lights installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 04:08 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default HD LED lights installed

Glad that's done. Lot of dinken around. All the instructions could be much easier if they just added a few more sentences explaining a little better. But i suppose that would cost ink and low profit margins don't support something that frivolous. Biggest pain was the front signal lights/passing lams wiring.
The read fender tip light plug had no free spot, so i had to solder the wire from the signal light y-connecter to it. Surprised myself....everything works!

Running lights

Brake lights

before i installed the headlight. I will find a security screw for the trim ring. To easy for somebody to walk away with it now.

Last edited by Pete6114; 03-22-2013 at 11:57 AM. Reason: ad a pic
Old 03-20-2013, 04:27 PM
bluecollarjoe
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Contrary to your signature line, the HD LED headlight and passing lamps are made in Japan. Truck Lite7's are just as effective and made in America at half the cost. Brite *** Lights (BAL) makes a better tail light also made in America. The Tourpak LED tail lights look neat though and I haven't yet found any American ones as an alternative. Has anyone else?

Last edited by bluecollarjoe; 03-20-2013 at 04:30 PM. Reason: omission
Old 03-20-2013, 05:15 PM
Radimus
Tourer

Originally Posted by bluecollarjoe
Contrary to your signature line, the HD LED headlight and passing lamps are made in Japan. Truck Lite7's are just as effective and made in America at half the cost. Brite *** Lights (BAL) makes a better tail light also made in America. The Tourpak LED tail lights look neat though and I haven't yet found any American ones as an alternative. Has anyone else?

I just watched a vieo review of the Trucklite lamps and they stated the TL were made in Korea and JW Speaker lamps are made in USA.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:52 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by bluecollarjoe
Half of the bike is made oversees. If i wanted the Truck Lite and/or the BAL, i'd have it. I decided to go with HD parts. Whats my sig have to do with it. I drive american cars, buy american made tools and buy american when i can. And I'm Canadian.

Originally Posted by Radimus
I just watched a vieo review of the Trucklite lamps and they stated the TL were made in Korea and JW Speaker lamps are made in USA.

Last edited by Pete6114; 03-20-2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:27 PM
Radimus
Tourer
Old 03-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member

I researched and read up on the truck lite's as well, and almost bought them. What made up my mind, was that if i got stranded without lights far away from home on a long trip, my chances of getting a replacement/parts is much better with the HD lights. In the end, either is much better then stock and cant go wrong.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:39 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

The tail lights look good Pete. I'm wanting to get LEDs on my bike soon. I just have a "hurdle" to get by...my wife. I think she thinks they're unnecessary.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:45 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
The tail lights look good Pete. I'm wanting to get LEDs on my bike soon. I just have a "hurdle" to get by...my wife. I think she thinks they're unnecessary.
It's all about safety, right? Thats what my wife said. But she don't give me a hard time on anything i buy.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:56 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete6114
It's all about safety, right? Thats what my wife said. But she don't give me a hard time on anything i buy.
It IS about safety! Those 2 little bullets on mine, can't be all that noticeable. Now yours...there's no way someone coming up behind you can't see you!

Old 03-20-2013, 07:12 PM
Pete6114
Outstanding HDF Member

I'm very happy with the light-show. All lights are on when i pull the brake. Very impressive, for sure. Makes me feel better, but I'll still keep my eyes on the texter's behind me. I never took a pic without brakes on. Will do that tomorrow, to compare...

Quick Reply: HD LED lights installed