General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

There's More To It Than I Thought!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 09:00 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts
Default There's More To It Than I Thought!

Anybody ever said that after pinstriping?!!! I'm putting new stretched bags on my Ultra, and want a little pinstrip to match what's on the rest of the bike. Never tried it before. Just wondering if I can do it myself, or should I leave it up to somebody in the business.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:24 AM
Pumba11
Elite HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 56 Posts

How steady is your hand? Have you practiced for countless hours using the special pin stripping brushes? Do you have a extremely good eye for balance, proportion and alignment?

I consider myself to have pretty good brush skills and an artistic eye. I've considered it, but after watching a pro. This is something to leave to those with the special skills. My $0.02.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Leftcoaster
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Find someone with a great rep for striping and pay 'em to do it.
Also ask some questions. Sister-in-law had some striping done on her new SG at last year's Sturgis and much of it already fell off - likely because the painter didn't de-grease/de-wax the bike before striping.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:39 AM
Geezr Glidr
Grand HDF Member
Received 264 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Pumba11
How steady is your hand? Have you practiced for countless hours using the special pin stripping brushes? Do you have a extremely good eye for balance, proportion and alignment?

I consider myself to have pretty good brush skills and an artistic eye. I've considered it, but after watching a pro. This is something to leave to those with the special skills. My $0.02.
That's all I needed to hear! I was planning to get somebody to do it anyway, unless I heard things like, it's as easy as turning a screwdriver, or something like that. Thanks.