Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WANNA B'S!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 11:19 PM
JAMES2
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
Default WANNA B'S!

So I take the wife out to eat Sat. night to a local place called the Winking Lizard. Great food and about a thousand different beers to choose from. We go in and the first thing I see is three guys sitting at a table in the bar yackin up a storm, wearing H-D t shirts, H-D jeans and boots. They looked like they just snuk off from their desk jobs and changed cloths after work to go out with out telling their wives. I'm sure you know the type. Know I've been riding for over 30 yrs. I still ride a Shovel and am damn proud of it. But these posers and wanna b's really give me a kick, can you imagine these guys trying to fix their own bikes or even changing the oil??!! It's so easy to pick on em. But then I thought about it, I was a wanna b once, When I was ten!!!!

Old 02-12-2007, 11:26 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: WANNA B'S!

How do you know they don't work on their own bikes?? When my wife makes me wear "nice clothes", i.e. not wranglers or carharts, I have H-D jeans that I wear. I havea lot of H-D shirts and I also wear H-D boots when I ride. I work on my own bikes, have for 15 years (since I started riding). I put on 10-12000 miles a year. Do the clothes make me a wanna be??
Now I'm not saying they weren't a bunch of douchebags (I know there are plenty of them out there), but it seems without knowing them it is hard to judge.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:27 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: JAMES2

So I take the wife out to eat Sat. night to a local place called the Winking Lizard. Great food and about a thousand different beers to choose from. We go in and the first thing I see is three guys sitting at a table in the bar yackin up a storm, wearing H-D t shirts, H-D jeans and boots. They looked like they just snuk off from their desk jobs and changed cloths after work to go out with out telling their wives. I'm sure you know the type. Know I've been riding for over 30 yrs. I still ride a Shovel and am damn proud of it. But these posers and wanna b's really give me a kick, can you imagine these guys trying to fix their own bikes or even changing the oil??!! It's so easy to pick on em. But then I thought about it, I was a wanna b once, When I was ten!!!!
Actually i dont agree with you on almost every point... since when cant a person who loves to bike, leave their work, dress and jump on their bike for a ride??? Oh, i get it... youre mecanically inclined and work on your bike.... no wait, it's cuz youve biked for years... what ever, i guess a doctor, lawyer or anyone that just likes to ride will never be a biker??? I dont work on my bike and i do have a professional job, so i guess ill never be a biker either... [:-]

Old 02-12-2007, 11:28 PM
vegashd
Banned

ORIGINAL: JAMES2

What does wearin HD colthing have to do with make you a wanna be? i wear a suit all day. can work on my own vehicles including building my own motors, I go get manicures and pedicures and that makes you a wanna be? some people take care of themselves, it by no means makes them a wanna be....

even if they cannot work on thier own stuff MANY people can't why do you think service departments are always so busy? so whats wrong with going in some jeans and tshirt?

Old 02-12-2007, 11:33 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

But Randy, It's all about the clothes and being an a ss towards others, it's not about bikes.Don't you know that people that don't dress like dirtbags and spend 24/7 working on motorcycles are wanna bes??

[sm=joke.gif]

I think people need to lighten up, stop judging and enjoy your own life.

By the way, I also have a professional job on top of the other stuff from my earlier post.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:40 PM
chopperz71
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a proud member of the RUB Club!

Old 02-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Rhubarb
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm a wannabe.

I wannabe not working anymore and riding all day, every day. I wannabe travelling the country and be on my own schedule.

I have responsibilities that make me work. I am not mechanically inclined enough to make a living wrenching.

I ride to work nearly every day, even in the rain. I wear a lot of HD shirts because I like the way they look. Event shirts as well.
You'll get a real kick out of me either riding in my dockers and polo shirt or in full gear over it...

Anyhow, nothing wrong with being a wannabe. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, remember?

Old 02-12-2007, 11:43 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,829 Likes on 1,592 Posts

Heres my take on this subject:

Why should I care what "level" of biker you are. You didn't pay for mine and you are not riding it.
And furthermore I don't give a damn what you think about my bike, me, my tax bracket or my biker clothes.

Idon'tneed any validation from anyone cause I actually have something called self esteem.
And finally, if you think the bike you own, or the year of bikeyou ride makes you something. Guess what? You'd be wrong.

Here are some smileys so you know I'm just kidding and I'm "An Alright Guy".

lp

Old 02-12-2007, 11:44 PM
BigJfxdwg
Road Warrior

I wanna be the powerball winner someday.

Old 02-12-2007, 11:46 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member

ORIGINAL: BigJfxdwg

I wanna be the powerball winner someday.
If you are, would you buy me a real bike?

Quick Reply: WANNA B'S!