General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

That Harley feeling

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2013 | 01:31 PM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Originally Posted by Misbehaven
It's just the wife and I or a few close friends any more. We do meet some decent folk along the way that enjoy the same.
I met a Harley rider in town, which is small but he seems like me, a loner. And I'd go riding with him and his wife if he asked. But we go riding almost on the spur of the moment, it's rarely planned. Maybe one day, he'll ask to go riding.

Old 03-09-2013 | 01:44 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by ChickinOnaChain
I met a Harley rider in town, which is small but he seems like me, a loner. And I'd go riding with him and his wife if he asked. But we go riding almost on the spur of the moment, it's rarely planned. Maybe one day, he'll ask to go riding.
I hear ya on spur of the moment. The wife had a friend and her husband that wanted to go for a ride one weekend. Asked them meet us at our house at 9:30, 10:00 comes around no show. Called and they still have not left their house. By 10:30 I told they wife f it lets go. Never offered to ride with them again.

Old 03-10-2013 | 06:46 AM
Rockdrummerzero
Stage II

I did visit my local HOG group once, that was enough...

Old 03-10-2013 | 09:11 AM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member

back in the 70's, a few of us that rode together started calling ourselves the TTT--traveling turds of texas--no dues, no meetings, and everyone got to call themselves vice-president. our motto was "clubs suck". death, divorce, job transfer, heart attacks, kids, etc...it was fun for a few years.
met a couple a few weeks ago that invited me to go on a breakfast ride with the local HOG chapter--not a real organized ride--eat breakfast, shoot the bull, head home or take off with a couple of others for a longer ride. sounded like fun, so i was at the shell station at 8:30 sunday morning looking forward to a pleasant morning.
every one was standing around in little groups of 3 to 6 or so. couple of nods but no "howdy's" from anyone. someone finally said i needed to go check-in and pointed me towards some woman with a clip board. she asks me my name and adds me to the list-said i would be riding as a guest this morning. then she hands me a release of liability to sign before i can "participate". yeah, like i am going to sign a release and go ride with some clowns that may or may not be competent riders. i asked her which way the group would be heading out...so i could be sure and go in another direction. that was my first and last dealings with HOG.

Old 03-10-2013 | 09:39 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by MDSuperGlide
I'd go to any HOG event if Eve was there. Haha just saying

Old 03-10-2013 | 09:55 AM
MDSuperGlide
Advanced

Smart man Big_Al. Haha I usually ride with my brother-in-law....he's a cool guy or by myself.

Old 03-10-2013 | 10:03 AM
Vincewd
Road Master

Never been a member. I do go down to the dealer when they have free food. It's free what the hell. I get a kick on how they all look the same, A bunch of old farts sitting around in black leather vest covered in patches.

I'm not knocking them, They are doing what they like and makes them feel good.

Old 03-10-2013 | 10:10 AM
EveHD
Moderatress

Old 03-10-2013 | 11:13 AM
pgpn
Tourer

I bar hop with some friends once in a while but I prefer heading out with the wife on a couple day camping trip. big group rides are too nerve racking for me.

Old 03-10-2013 | 01:53 PM
perrypogue
Intermediate

I got a late start and as I'm older and live in a small west tx town I ride alone all the time. I had kind of wanted to feel what riding with a group would be like but I already know that only needing to watch for myself is a big plus so I think I'll not pursue a group ride. I've taken many 4-6 night trips but I can take six weeks if I just will. I intend to just head towards Wyoming this Sring late. There's no reason I shouldn't take some really long road trips...not gett'n any younger.

Quick Reply: That Harley feeling