General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What goes on at a H.O.G. rally?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 10:56 AM
SoCalSoftailSlim
Elite HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 46 Posts

Chili eatin'

Old 02-28-2013, 11:27 AM
MiniWolf
Received 4,843 Likes on 2,296 Posts

I think they have a variation of the Poker Run called 'Find my Denture.' Everyone puts their dentures into a bucket and it gets shaken up. The HOG Chapter president sneaks out and hides them at various gas station and truck stop rest rooms around the county. Everyone rides out. The first one to return with their denture wins the prize.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:39 AM
Aargow
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went to one last year. The demo fleet and a tornado were the highlights. Probably won't attend again.

Old 02-28-2013, 11:51 AM
WhiteNoise
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

They compare pins and patches.

Old 02-28-2013, 12:57 PM
dluch
Advanced

Fat, old, white guys stuffed in official Harler gear on official Harley bikes strutting around posing... few have IQs in the double digits. If this describes you, join the 'fun'

Old 02-28-2013, 01:21 PM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Gerk
Hmmm..So no booze, bitches, acts of perversion. Crazed people burning their tires off. Illicit, immoral or lewd behavior. Vulgarity, obscenities or the big one "moral turpitude"??!! And you got to pay? That settles it....I won't go to one.
Plenty of all of the above usually, at least at the Michigan rallies. Of course HOG doesn't condone anything that is not family friendly (PG13) but that doesn't stop us from partying like rock stars at night.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:37 PM
thephoenix612
Cruiser

Hmmm..So no booze, bitches, acts of perversion. Crazed people burning their tires off. Illicit, immoral or lewd behavior. Vulgarity, obscenities or the big one "moral turpitude"??!! And you got to pay? That settles it....I won't go to one.
file 13 the H.O.G. thing, but i want to know where the rally is that has all the shenanigans your describing. that is right up my ally. as a bonus, its even more bad *** if i dont have to pay and can just join in with all that.

Old 02-28-2013, 01:45 PM
WetSider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haven't been to a HOG rally in over a decade - been there, done that, got the t-shirt (literally). That said, I met a guy who became one of my best friends at a gas stop on the way to a state HOG rally many years ago. Neither of us do HOG events anymore, but that one random meeting made the event very worthwhile. The other thing that can be worthwhile is you'll see/hear first-hand the good/bad things people with disposable income do to their bikes - so that's an additional opportunity to learn/avoid mistakes in the process of deciding what you may want to do to your own bike. Takes all kinds to make the world go 'round, and there's always the chance you may meet some good folks/see some things you can learn from.

Tryin' the 'glass is half full' approach this morning.

Old 02-28-2013, 02:03 PM
Misbehaven
Elite HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

What goes on at a H.O.G rally. See the video in this post and it will explain it all.
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...torcycles.html

Old 02-28-2013, 02:14 PM
Frankenbagger
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I cover that stuff on any given Saturday night out riding with 2-3 friends. No membership fee either...

Quick Reply: What goes on at a H.O.G. rally?