General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What goes on at a H.O.G. rally?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 05:24 PM
OLDDEADEYE
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That's friggin' awesome IA!

Old 02-27-2013, 06:27 PM
Gerk
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm..So no booze, bitches, acts of perversion. Crazed people burning their tires off. Illicit, immoral or lewd behavior. Vulgarity, obscenities or the big one "moral turpitude"??!! And you got to pay? That settles it....I won't go to one.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:49 PM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member

Received 705 Likes on 467 Posts

I'm not a HOG member. Sometimes when they have a gathering of the flock at the local dealer I'll go to see the bikes and then leave. I love bikes but dislike social crap. So after about 10 minutes I leave.

If the HOG members that show up are having fun, good for them. It's just not for me.

Old 02-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Drat
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 15 Posts

I went to the NY rally in Alexandria Bay this past summer. I met a few nice people, saw some nice bikes, ate lunch with a group of Canadians, visited the five vendors who were set up, watched a burnout contest, and then rode to a nearby dealer who was having a barbeque with a DJ. The dealer also had a couple of vendors and actually was a good time. I found out later that the reason there were so few bikes around was that they were all on organized rides around the area. So the next day I rode to Lake Placid and saw more bikes as that was one of the ride destinations. The bottom line was that I was disappointed with the NY state HOG rally, but its like anything else in life. It is what you make it.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:07 PM
Poser since73
Advanced
Talking

Originally Posted by rubberfrog
There will be a bunch people over eating, probably some passing of gas, and a lot of old ladies showing wrinkly cleavage. Enjoy.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:10 PM
INJEKTER
Road Warrior
Received 204 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by MiniWolf
Dancin':

Ridin' :

Meet and Greet:

Just hangin' out:

the best post so far by far.....

Old 02-27-2013, 07:11 PM
Poser since73
Advanced

Originally Posted by miniwolf
dancin':

ridin' :

meet and greet:

just hangin' out:

lmfao!!!!

Old 02-27-2013, 07:14 PM
3408pete
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The kid that occasionaly rides with me hog membered up and actually put the emblem on a vest.He wanted me to go to a big event at a local dealer and I did.After about 30 minutes I bought a roll of gorilla tape and taped over his emblem on his vest.Thats just so no one knew where we had been and what we had done.Just to get the crap out of my head I insisted on a 430 mile ride to a strip joint in another state.

Try it once and you might like it ------you might not.I used to like to go to big runs just to see the bikes now all you see is a fleet of black street glides with a few colors mixed in it seems

Old 02-27-2013, 07:20 PM
rhj
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

We've been to 3 and have enjoyed them. Our local HOG group usually has a group going so we enjoy the fellowship, getting new ideas for the bike and the entertainment has been great. It's like a mini bike week and if it's in the area I'd check it out. Usually some vendors and last one here in Florida some outstanding club riding exhibitions. Sure there are some posers but what the heck. Give it a shot.

Old 02-27-2013, 07:38 PM
LivingontheRock
Cruiser

I knew this would be a fun one to read.

They had the the state rally in a town I was living in IL. There was a band on the river so we went down but not a memeber so we had to stand on he other side of the rope where the fun was. If new to riding and feel the need to be with a group I guess it would be ok.

Quick Reply: What goes on at a H.O.G. rally?