General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn Signals

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 06:04 PM
Uniqueusername
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Turn Signals

I just bought an 08 Street Bob and the previous owner removed the turn signals. I want to put signals back on. The help I need is looking for the connector(s) for the rear signals. Should they be under the seat/behind the battery box?

There is one rubber booted connecter with two prongs at the end of a wire coming from the bottom of the box. My test light tells me it is on all the time. No intermittent blink. I did find one hard plastic connector right behind the battery, but I can't test it with the battery disconnected. Before I dissassemble my whole bike and F it up, can anybody clue in the clueless? Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Old 02-25-2013, 06:19 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

get a FSM for your bike first and formost.

remove the rear tail light and the "connecters" on the end of the wires plug in the circut board/plug thing on the tail light mount. i am sure someone will pop in with a pic of said board and area plugs if not i can grab a pic of one i have laying around here in an hour or two. but the factory service manual has the instructiosn and diagram for this right in it

Old 02-25-2013, 06:31 PM
Uniqueusername
Cruiser

Yeah, I know. I need to get that FSM. Note: fender was bobbed and tail light is no longer on fender. It is on the left side on the swing arm.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:38 PM
RANGER73
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 6,322 Likes on 3,178 Posts

I think your run/turns came through your tail light. You'll have to find the 4 wire connector under the seat trace back from the tail light.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:54 PM
Uniqueusername
Cruiser

RANGER73, (RLTW?)

So would the logical step be to remove the seat to see whats up? It has a springer seat, I can kind of see in there, but it's too tight to really see, or do anything.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:20 PM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member
Received 425 Likes on 302 Posts

Depends on what the PO did with the wires when he took off the turn sigs. Can you ask him?

Old 02-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Uniqueusername
Cruiser

Nope. Bought at Harley Dealership.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:39 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

follow the wires fro mthe tail/brake light back to the seat, if the guy who modded the rear light had soem forsight he left the plug intact and you should get to it by following the tail light, once you find the tail light harness plug, check wires using a test light while havign one side turns signals on flashing. write down what pin and voila.

Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 PM
Uniqueusername
Cruiser

Coyote, that kind of confirms what I was thinking on the blinkers. What do you think the rubber booted connector below the battery box is for? Like I said, I test lighted it with the blinkers flashing and it just stays on, so it's obviously not the blinkers. Is that for accessories or something? The rubber booted connector has two contacts, one female and one male, and it has an attached rubber cover cap.

Last edited by Uniqueusername; 02-25-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:03 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member

i know the one your talkign bout pretty sure thats an acc plug but would have to check my FSM to confirm.

Quick Reply: Turn Signals