General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this BAD experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:48 AM
Rdgray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

He must be an idiot. Don't know how you held your composer but you did the right thing.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:53 AM
oldhdrider
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BUZZARD II
I think you have to get it out of your head that this other guy is "very experienced". While he may have owned or still does, own a bike he knows less than nothing. Lot's of guys own three dozen black Harley tee shirts. They talk the talk but that's it.

No one with experience would mess around much less start anothers bike without asking first. This is the same kind of A-hole that will ask to ride your bike. No one with experience would ever ask that either.

I'm an old geezer too. I have so much arthritis in my wrists that I would have avoided hitting him. But he would have known just what a candy *** poser I think him to be. Always remember that the head bone is harder than the hand bone. Buy a jack or sap just in case you ever see him again.
ride safe

Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyGTP
LMFAO! Those have to be the worst comparative situations I've ever read. Really? Comparing someone banging your wife with sitting on your bike and turning the hazards on? Some of you guys need to get your priorities together that's for sure.

He didn't drive off on it, he didn't drop it. He ASKED if he could check it out. The OP should have gone outside with the guy then. Maybe his arthritis or something prevented that from happening I dunno.

Bottom line: OP should have went outside when the guy asked to check it out, and he should have LOCKED the ignition.
I thought the first one would be funny. Ok maybe not bang her out, but touched her headlights and played with her big O hazard buttons. I use to show off my women when I dated, just don't touch. The fact is he gave him permission to look at his bike not touch. Even with it locked the dude would have been messing with it I'm sure and yes he should have gone out there, but you can't baby your stuff all the time. Maybe the OP was preoccupied helping his g/f host the dinner and the guy went out on his own. No one knows details other then the guy should not have touched the bike.

Last edited by JaronB; 02-25-2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:54 AM
chevele72
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Whenever someone wants to look at your bike, be there and let him see you lock it when you're done, that shows you don't want anyone messing with it without having any confrontation.
You did the right thing by leaving, find friends that know not to touch your stuff.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:03 AM
Non11
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by perrypogue
I really had a bad experience yesterday and would appreciate your thoughts regarding it. I'm a relatively new rider and the person I'm about to describe is very experienced. The situation was this couple was invited to dinner with my now ex-gf. My bike was outside and when he walked in he said he'd like to see my bike. I said sure. Later I heard my bike start. I really couldn't believe it was my bike. Another 10 minutes passed and he came in and asked how to turn off my hazard lights. At that point my head almost exploded as I realized he'd indeed started my bike and was messing with all the switches, etc. I was furious and we almost fought. I told him how I just couldn't believe he'd even touched my bike and how wrong I thought he was for messing with my bike. I was so mad that I knew we didn't need to be in the same house together. I packed my gear and quickly left. I'm 68 and he's a little younger. I thought at our age we had no business fighting. I just left. I thought my gf should have had my back but she instead apologized for my actions. It was at her house.

What would you have done? Who do you think was at fault?
I'd appreciate your thoughts on this BAD experience-hthom2z.jpg

Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM
bkelly1956
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You were right, and showed good judgement leaving. When someone asks to look at my bikes, I always come along.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:04 AM
sucherman
Club Member
Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sixty six. When we grew up there was a code. Everyone knew the code or they were educated. The code would have required a reaction, at least, as agressive as yours. The code applied to the ladies as well. Live the code and get a woman who does as well. Be safe, old man, ( JK ), Dennis.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:07 AM
streetglidetroy
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old geezer fights!!! Lol no seriously I would've been pissed like you were. But I think theres some lessons to be learned here. Next time go with people if they ask to see your bike, and watch where you put yourself in a possible fight. Overall no one got hurt, and nothing got damaged, so good to go.

Oh and get rid of your gf.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:12 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 339 Likes on 195 Posts

Tell all the other kids at school that he eats paste.

Old 02-25-2013, 11:21 AM
cromagnon
Grand HDF Member
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

You should have cold conked him upside the head with your helmet. But seriously, you should lock your bike. Never know when young kids or ******** like this guy may be around.
Now if some hot babe was sitting on it waiting for me to come out to ask for a ride, well that's a different story all together.

Quick Reply: I'd appreciate your thoughts on this BAD experience