General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'd appreciate your thoughts on this BAD experience

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 10:32 AM
cruzomatic
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I never keep my keys near or on my bike. Prolly not worth fighting over it and possibly getting thrown in jail. Sounds like you did the right thing to me. Find new friends.

My sister-in-law once came over to visit and my wife took a pic of her sitting on my bike and they texted the pic to me. I honestly really didn't care, we're cool with each other.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:33 AM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you have every right to be mad. this is a typical case of no respect for other peoples stuff. Being that its your bike its even worse! I'd be mad and would have had a nut too, sounds like your gf has her priorites out of order...

Old 02-25-2013, 10:36 AM
Rogator
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lo-rider
You told him it was OK and you couldn't be bothered to lock your bike or even go with with him to show it to him.

Your own fault.
Either you or I misread that post. I did not read where he said it was OK to sit on his bike,start it and screw with the controls. What I read was it was OK for him to see it which to me means look at it.
Not his fault.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 AM
lakland4
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont believe he should have touched it (but did you advise him not to?) i would have been po'd too!(ps hope you find a NEW gf)

Old 02-25-2013, 10:37 AM
jakenok
Elite HDF Member
Received 116 Likes on 61 Posts

you should have decked him. BTW, don't ever let yourself get pinned in like that...

Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by AllenW
Find a new friend and lock your bike from now on.

Don't lock it and next time it may end up in parts at some swap meet.

al
x2 , I have no business telling a 68 yr old man how to conduct himself, but leaving the bike unlocked contributed to this situation. Figured a person of your age would know never to leave your bike unlocked.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:43 AM
JaronB
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lo-rider
You told him it was OK and you couldn't be bothered to lock your bike or even go with with him to show it to him.

Your own fault.
You always find some dumb way to blame the OP. I do agree about locking the bike, but he gave permission to see/check out his bike. If you told someone to go check out your wife/gf and he banged her out I guess that's your fault then??? Or hey let me check out you car and then they just start it up and drive away. Guess that's full permission?? See does not mean touch!! You are probably just like that douche and would start up someone else's bike without permission.

OP you reacted like any normal person would do. Time to find a girlfriend that has your back.

Last edited by JaronB; 02-25-2013 at 10:45 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:44 AM
BUZZARD II
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I think you have to get it out of your head that this other guy is "very experienced". While he may have owned or still does, own a bike he knows less than nothing. Lot's of guys own three dozen black Harley tee shirts. They talk the talk but that's it.

No one with experience would mess around much less start anothers bike without asking first. This is the same kind of A-hole that will ask to ride your bike. No one with experience would ever ask that either.

I'm an old geezer too. I have so much arthritis in my wrists that I would have avoided hitting him. But he would have known just what a candy *** poser I think him to be. Always remember that the head bone is harder than the hand bone. Buy a jack or sap just in case you ever see him again.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM
jimsflh
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogator
Either you or I misread that post. I did not read where he said it was OK to sit on his bike,start it and screw with the controls. What I read was it was OK for him to see it which to me means look at it.
Not his fault.
I have to agree with the other guy, if you weren't going to go with him, you probably should have answered his request with: "Sure you can look as long as you don't touch"

Myself, I usually want to be there when people look at my bike, not just to make sure they don't sit on it or scratch it, but to answer any questions, and suck up the compliments. 75% of the people that have looked at my bike ask me to start it so they can hear the motor/exhaust.

Since the guy wasn't a complete stranger, I'd hope that I would tactfully impress on him that you never touch another mans bike with out his permission.

Old 02-25-2013, 10:47 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by JaronB
If you told someone to go check out your wife/gf and he banged her out I guess that's your fault then??? Or hey let me check out you car and then they just start it up and drive away. Guess that's full permission?? See does not mean touch!! You are probably just like that douche and would start up someone else's bike without permission.
LMFAO! Those have to be the worst comparative situations I've ever read. Really? Comparing someone banging your wife with sitting on your bike and turning the hazards on? Some of you guys need to get your priorities together that's for sure.

He didn't drive off on it, he didn't drop it. He ASKED if he could check it out. The OP should have gone outside with the guy then. Maybe his arthritis or something prevented that from happening I dunno.

Bottom line: OP should have went outside when the guy asked to check it out, and he should have LOCKED the ignition.

Quick Reply: I'd appreciate your thoughts on this BAD experience