General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vrod

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 02:32 PM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Speed Triple will be the next bike in my garage.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:37 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by FBRR
I OK I'll Play. Why would anyone ride a Dyna Superglide Custom when they could buy a BMW R1200R. Much faster bike, more HP, handles not only BETTER but MUCH Better!!????

How about a Triumph naked like the Speed triple! Boy Harley sure missed the mark on HP and Handling when compared to that naked! It's only a 1050cc yet makes FAR MORE HP than a 96 cu in. HARLEY. How could Harley be so stupid! What were they thinking, no one wants a FXDC when they can buy a Speed Triple.

Just as silly!

And I will point out again if you really wanted 160 HP, the difference in price between a V ROD and Diavel/V MAX, you could BUY that HP!

I do know when I'm out in the country and come up to a line of "Harleys in Parade rest" at 48 MPH (for the slowest least experienced rider in their 10 bike parade) it sure pisses 'em off then I crank the throttle and rocket past! (with ONLY 100 RWHP),heheheheh
Point taken FBRR, LOL!

It's all good....like I said, I own a Harley for many reasons and you chose a Harley over anything else....probably for the same reasons.

There are many great bikes made my different manufacturers, all with a different purpose. I would love to own many, but in the end I own an ride a Harley....and I always will.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:50 PM
FBRR
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sharkman73
Point taken FBRR, LOL!

It's all good....like I said, I own a Harley for many reasons and you chose a Harley over anything else....probably for the same reasons.

There are many great bikes made my different manufacturers, all with a different purpose. I would love to own many, but in the end I own an ride a Harley....and I always will.
Happy you took it in the spirit it was intended!!! the internet sometimes doesn't alway work that way!!
Cheers.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:49 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dbublitz
Will there ever be a day when we look back in admiration for what this bike brings to the HD family? I've owned em' all over the years..superglide custom, 1200 sporty custom, Crossbones, Road glide, and like T.G. Sheppard said "Loved em' Every One". Besides my 2000 Excelsior Henderson, there are few bikes that I'm drawn too like the V-rod. Let's here it from the purist(leave the water-cooled arguement out, been beat to death!) Why are we so hesitant to embrace...10 years later who would've thought it would still be around?
I'm not into power cruisers at all and apparently I'm not the only one. All mfgs who have launched bikes to target this niche have failed. All of them. VRod, Kawasaki VN2000, Yamaha Warrior, Triumph Rocket 3, Suzuki M109, Honda Rune, Victory 8 ball and whatnot.

I am not interested at all in the VRod and I don't give a sh*t if it has a HD decal or not. The riding position is awful, the looks are very questionable, the sound is [fill the blank], there's no resale market for it, etc ........

Sorry, I don't like it.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:29 PM
T-Rod45
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
I'm not into power cruisers at all and apparently I'm not the only one. All mfgs who have launched bikes to target this niche have failed. All of them. VRod, Kawasaki VN2000, Yamaha Warrior, Triumph Rocket 3, Suzuki M109, Honda Rune, Victory 8 ball and whatnot.

I am not interested at all in the VRod and I don't give a sh*t if it has a HD decal or not. The riding position is awful, the looks are very questionable, the sound is [fill the blank], there's no resale market for it, etc ........

Sorry, I don't like it.

Thank you for sharing.

Old 02-26-2013, 04:34 PM
bigjames4xl
Tourer
Received 46 Likes on 29 Posts

All mfgs who have launched bikes to target this niche have failed. All of them. VRod, Kawasaki VN2000, Yamaha Warrior, Triumph Rocket 3, Suzuki M109, Honda Rune, Victory 8 ball and whatnot.

Failed, really???!!!

Old 02-26-2013, 04:57 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by bigjames4xl
Failed, really???!!!
Yeah, really, at least where I live. I've visited the 3 main HD dealers in Pgh recently and they don't even have 1 VROD on the floor. I go to 2 bike nights every week between April and October and if I see a handful of VRODs among dozens of Sportsters, Dynas, Softails and Touring bikes, that's a good day.
As for the other mfgs, Kawasaki has discontinued the VN2000 several years ago, the Rune didn't last long, the Warrior and M109 don't sell, etc....

Old 02-26-2013, 05:19 PM
FBRR
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Frenchie,
You need to get out more. M109 had a nasty habit of pitching their riders off.
The RUNE was NOT a Power cruiser, more like a Harley CVO. And ugly.
The Rocket III is still in production as are the NEW v MAX and NEW Diavel power cruisers.

I could care less what you like, I didn't ask. Baggers are Barco loungers and as I pointed out are far inferior to OTHER Tourning bikes, in most aspects.
Yet guys still buy the antique Harley for some reason. I have as well, so I get Harley!

The V Rod is in it's tenth year, far from a failure. There are plenty of Harley models that have been dropped in that time, Including many Sportstes models, Nighttrain (a truely uncomfortable ride), Duece, Rocker,etc.

Airhead guys just like to rag on V Rods, the forward controls are no less comfortable than any other "forward" control Harley. And riding a V Rod that is set up correctly, is better than most other Harleys. Smooth, fast, and comfortable.

I'm sure many of the "brotherhood" don't get it, but many of the V Rod guys would never RIDE another Harley (witness the 1130cc forum on would have bought a any other Harley) So it is doing exactly what Harley needs to do, get conquest sales, not convert the "Harley Guy" to V Rod.

Just so we're clear I think Baggers ride like pick up trucks are are REALLY SLOW Harleys. But I don't try to tell a "bagger" guy (even one that wears a BERET!!?? what to ride, nor did I ask what I should buy!!)

See you in my MIRROR!!

Old 02-26-2013, 05:26 PM
agueybana
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Yeah, really, at least where I live. I've visited the 3 main HD dealers in Pgh recently and they don't even have 1 VROD on the floor. I go to 2 bike nights every week between April and October and if I see a handful of VRODs among dozens of Sportsters, Dynas, Softails and Touring bikes, that's a good day.
As for the other mfgs, Kawasaki has discontinued the VN2000 several years ago, the Rune didn't last long, the Warrior and M109 don't sell, etc....

M109R is Suzuki best seller!! ...VN2000, Warrior 102, and VTX1800 were discontinued because of the V-Rod out sell them, check V-Rod sells out of your area and world wide, V-Rod is HD best seller in Europe and South America. Another story is the market and the economy change and power cruisers, choopers,street and sports bikes sell, price and models are down ( ask to Buell about it). For the last 3 years baggers, dual sports, off road bikes and moppets are the kings of the sales in the USA and the rest of the world.

Last edited by agueybana; 02-26-2013 at 05:32 PM.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:29 PM
T-Rod45
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just to clarify, you've ridden one right?

Quick Reply: Vrod