General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vrod

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 08:35 AM
tar_snake
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 1,043 Likes on 494 Posts

Originally Posted by dbublitz
Will there ever be a day when we look back in admiration for what this bike brings to the HD family?
No, not in any calendar of mine I can foresee.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:08 PM
roadrash3
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Maybe. I'm skeptical about its advantages in a 890lbs bike like the Ultra. Not saying you're wrong, but I'm not sold.

And finally, I don't think that a majority of HD Touring bike owners will cream their pants at the idea of hitting 8,000rpm to get all the power this engine can deliver, nor that they crave of hitting 110mph in a heartbeat ..... if they ever rode that fast.

My humble opinion. We're cool.
This only shows your lack of understanding or maybe ignorance. Riding this bike at 2nd gear at 80mph only puts me around 7-8,000 RPM. Fifth gear at 80mph my bike is running 4,000 rpm. The range of gearing on this bike is amazing. It has as much torque as a 88ci twin cam, so those that say there is no torque are mislead. I was never a vrod guy more of a dyna club bike guy, but the bike is a harley and is amazing bottom line. Not for everyone, i wouldnt ride a trike, or go back to owning a big ultra, to each there own. Don't quite understand peoples ignorance though. What bike can you cruise on the highway with endless power, shift all the way to second gear on the highway, i wouldnt trade my vrod for any other bike, but i would own a second air cooled again. Different strokes for different folks, but comments by those that have not ridden one are readlily apparent on here.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:55 PM
T-Rod45
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tar_snake
No, not in any calendar of mine I can foresee.
Don't think he understands the question...^^^

Old 03-09-2013, 11:12 AM
agueybana
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by roadrash3
This only shows your lack of understanding or maybe ignorance. Riding this bike at 2nd gear at 80mph only puts me around 7-8,000 RPM. Fifth gear at 80mph my bike is running 4,000 rpm. The range of gearing on this bike is amazing. It has as much torque as a 88ci twin cam, so those that say there is no torque are mislead. I was never a vrod guy more of a dyna club bike guy, but the bike is a harley and is amazing bottom line. Not for everyone, i wouldnt ride a trike, or go back to owning a big ultra, to each there own. Don't quite understand peoples ignorance though. What bike can you cruise on the highway with endless power, shift all the way to second gear on the highway, i wouldnt trade my vrod for any other bike, but i would own a second air cooled again. Different strokes for different folks, but comments by those that have not ridden one are readlily apparent on here.

Old 03-11-2013, 11:19 AM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
As someone who appreciate performance and rides a Road King, there is one thing you V-Rod guys have forgotten.

How much horsepower is needed to get in a double file line (20 deep) and cockblock traffic thinking and hoping you look like a real motorcycle gang?

WTH are you talking about.....? "cockblock traffic"? -

"real motorcycle gang"? "20 deep"

I thought this thread was about VRod's

Old 03-11-2013, 01:11 PM
FBRR
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 RED RK

I haven't forgotten, but I do know it pisses those "20 road warriors??!!" when a quick twist of the wrist leaves ALL of them in my mirror!!

It never fails to amaze me when they "Harley Parade" are riding at 48 MPH in a 55 zone and backing up traffic for miles! (They ride at slower speeds so the LEAST SKILLED can keep up! And then wonder what went wrong when hit from behind ny that self same "learner") Harley parades SUCK. (i.e. most group rides!)

Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,072 Likes on 2,507 Posts

Originally Posted by 10 RED RK

What I'm talking about is the vast majority of Harley customers don't use the meager HP that evos, TC88, 96 or 103s put out.

So trying to sell MORE HP and performance to the customers that keep HD in the black is kinda tough. That's how it relates to the Vrod thread. That's why there are only 2 models of Vrods.

It was a wisecrack to drive that home.

SOA t shirt in the closet; huh?

Last edited by Campy Roadie; 03-11-2013 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:14 PM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
What I'm talking about is the vast majority of Harley customers don't use the meager HP that evos, TC88, 96 or 103s put out.

So trying to sell MORE HP and performance to the customers that keep HD in the black is kinda tough. That's how it relates to the Vrod thread. That's why there are only 2 models of Vrods.

It was a wisecrack to drive that home.

SOA t shirt in the closet; huh?

Now I understand.

No SOA shirts here and no group rides either - just trying to keep this VRod
thread alive - so that the V will get some Respect!

Old 03-11-2013, 08:43 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I get 44 mpg with my Vrod. A lot of twinkies don't get that.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:00 PM
T-Rod45
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lh4x4
I get 44 mpg with my Vrod. A lot of twinkies don't get that.
Dear lord, your near continental conquest is awe inspiring!!!

Quick Reply: Vrod