General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you all unfriendly ba$tards???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 04:13 AM
mgumto
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are you all unfriendly ba$tards???

A few weeks back a group of 6 of us were riding here in Phoenix. Long story short, we took a trip to Globe and on our way back from Globe, this dude's battery dies about 3 miles from Gold Canyon. Anyway, so 3 of them head to town to find a battery and the rest of us stay by the bikes to wait for them. My issue is,I would bet 200 bikes went by us in the hour and a half that we waited for the new battery and only 1 guy pulled over to make sure everything was fine. Now I know the 60 is a pretty busy road, but come on people, where is the love? How tough is it to stop and ask someone if they need anything? I guess maybe I'm naive having lived in North Dakota and Minnesota most of my life...I know for a fact had this occurred up north, 1 of every 3 riders would have stopped I bet....anyway, my question to you fellas is this: Do you stop for fellow broken down bikers if you have the chance or do you drive by???

Old 02-11-2007, 04:21 AM
vegashd
Banned
Default RE: Are you all unfriendly ba$tards???

ORIGINAL: mgumto

A few weeks back a group of 6 of us were riding here in Phoenix. Long story short, we took a trip to Globe and on our way back from Globe, this dude's battery dies about 3 miles from Gold Canyon. Anyway, so 3 of them head to town to find a battery and the rest of us stay by the bikes to wait for them. My issue is,I would bet 200 bikes went by us in the hour and a half that we waited for the new battery and only 1 guy pulled over to make sure everything was fine. Now I know the 60 is a pretty busy road, but come on people, where is the love? How tough is it to stop and ask someone if they need anything? I guess maybe I'm naive having lived in North Dakota and Minnesota most of my life...I know for a fact had this occurred up north, 1 of every 3 riders would have stopped I bet....anyway, my question to you fellas is this: Do you stop for fellow broken down bikers if you have the chance or do you drive by???
Well common sense would tell us if we are riding by and you are not flagging us down you obviously do nto need help

Old 02-11-2007, 04:31 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

If I saw 3 bikes together, I would assume that they were taking a smoke break, or if there was a problem that there was plenty of backup already there to take care of any problem. If it were someone alone, sure, I would stop.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:37 AM
chopperz71
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

Dude, you said there were six of you. Three grown adults (I am guessing) stayed with the bikes. I would have assumed that you had it under contol. If you were by yourself, I'll bet that at least 1 in 3 would have stopped. That is untill you started calling them "unfriendly ba$tards".

Old 02-11-2007, 04:56 AM
SoftailBrian
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Nothing personal, but the title to this thread could make you look like the unfriendly basturd.

I would think that all of your bikes that were there would not have broken down at the very same spot, aand at the very same time.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:17 AM
THEBIGPUNN
Cruiser

i agree with others, riding in groups it the safest way to ride and it sounds like it was all under control. i wouldnt of stopped either, assuming help for him was already there.

Old 02-11-2007, 05:42 AM
dgator66
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, that settles it then. 5 out of 5. We ARE all unfriendly bastards.

Old 02-11-2007, 06:46 AM
bigtop1
Road Master

I agree with those above who did'nt see a need to stop. Sounds to me likeyou had expected too much.

Old 02-11-2007, 07:28 AM
sctusa
Road Captain

If there are 3 of you there and you ain't flagging for help, have a nice day from this bas**urd...[8D]

Old 02-11-2007, 07:54 AM
Micky B
Advanced

Sounds to me like you live in fantasy land.Where I live, no one stops.Especially on a busy road.

Quick Reply: Are you all unfriendly ba$tards???