General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you all unfriendly ba$tards???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:16 PM
jackj
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you all unfriendly ba$tards???

I've not read the other threads.... but if 3 grown mencan not resolve the problem then bub you are in trouble anyway & don't need my assistance,

Old 02-12-2007, 02:11 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: mgumto

A few weeks back a group of 6 of us were riding here in Phoenix. Long story short, we took a trip to Globe and on our way back from Globe, this dude's battery dies about 3 miles from Gold Canyon. Anyway, so 3 of them head to town to find a battery and the rest of us stay by the bikes to wait for them. My issue is,I would bet 200 bikes went by us in the hour and a half that we waited for the new battery and only 1 guy pulled over to make sure everything was fine. Now I know the 60 is a pretty busy road, but come on people, where is the love? How tough is it to stop and ask someone if they need anything? I guess maybe I'm naive having lived in North Dakota and Minnesota most of my life...I know for a fact had this occurred up north, 1 of every 3 riders would have stopped I bet....anyway, my question to you fellas is this: Do you stop for fellow broken down bikers if you have the chance or do you drive by???

if you think thats bad, check this out! I posted it on
another forum months ago so I'll paste it here for you!

I'll try to make these very long stories real short!

#1 and this one is totally disgusting IMO!

I was riding down the Blue Ridge Parkway in July 2005 peak vacation traffic time. I came around a long sweeping turn on my ZX 1100 Ninja and see in the left lane a young man standing there with his jacket and pants all ripped up and bleeding all over the place with a helmet on, there was a wrecked motorcycle on the side of the road beside him and he is in the middle of the lane with cars and motorcycles coming into my lane to drive/ride around him like he was some old tire lying there in their way not even giving him a second look. (OK" I'm pissed now)

So I go past him about 50 to 75 feet and park the Ninja in the left lane sideways taking up the whole lane with the 4 way flashers on to warn people. I walk up to the young man and he tells me a big motorhome towing an SUV took up both lanes and ran him off the road, they didn't even stop to help him (OK" now I'm more pissed) he said acording to his cell phone clock he was standing there about 15 minutes and I was the only one to stop. (my blood is starting to boil) I went to my bike and got my first aid stuff to patch him up,he has bones sticking through his skin on his left hand and road rash on his legs and arms. (he had gloves on, light jacket and blue jeans) after I patched him up he asked me if I had tools with me to get his bike in running shape enough to get it home which I did and after about an hour total time he was ready to ride to his uncles house about 30 miles away, as luck would have it his uncle was a trauma doctor. So I followed him slowly to his uncles house to make sure he was safe!

We were there on the road for over 1 hour working on him and his wrecked bike, hundreds of cars and motorcycles went by and not one even asked if we were OK never mind stopped to help. Goldwings,Harleys,BMWs,cruisers,sport bikes,sport tourers they all went right by us with outso much as a look!!! (OK" at this point I'm so disgusted with these so called motorcyclests/bikers I want towring someones neck)

[b][i][size=3]That wreck brought me to try a little test, I went up to the BRP 3 weekends in a row on my Wing and put it on the side of the road several times a day with most the fairing pulled off and laying on the ground so it was plain to see I was in trouble and needed help. I did this over 25 times and NOT ONE MOTORCYCLE EVER STOPPED to ask if I needed help! Not a one! I even had a couple on an 1800 Wing pull up on the grass behind m

Old 02-12-2007, 02:16 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not unfriendly, I just hate everyone and everything except puppies.

Old 02-12-2007, 02:54 PM
Budz
Tourer

I'm not commenting on stopping, but you seem fairly LIBERAL in thinking everyone should look out for your well-being. If you need help, waive your hand or shoot the bad azz a big bird. You'll get the attention you need.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:00 PM
69z28
Road Warrior

Have to agree. A lone rider I would stop.3 looks like a break.

Old 02-12-2007, 03:04 PM
211Chuck
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Budz

I'm not commenting on stopping, but you seem fairly LIBERAL in thinking everyone should look out for your well-being. If you need help, waive your hand or shoot the bad azz a big bird. You'll get the attention you need.

Who is your post directed to???

Old 02-12-2007, 04:05 PM
vegashd
Banned

[quote]ORIGINAL: 211Chuck

ORIGINAL: mgumto

A few weeks back a group of 6 of us were riding here in Phoenix. Long story short, we took a trip to Globe and on our way back from Globe, this dude's battery dies about 3 miles from Gold Canyon. Anyway, so 3 of them head to town to find a battery and the rest of us stay by the bikes to wait for them. My issue is,I would bet 200 bikes went by us in the hour and a half that we waited for the new battery and only 1 guy pulled over to make sure everything was fine. Now I know the 60 is a pretty busy road, but come on people, where is the love? How tough is it to stop and ask someone if they need anything? I guess maybe I'm naive having lived in North Dakota and Minnesota most of my life...I know for a fact had this occurred up north, 1 of every 3 riders would have stopped I bet....anyway, my question to you fellas is this: Do you stop for fellow broken down bikers if you have the chance or do you drive by???

if you think thats bad, check this out! I posted it on
another forum months ago so I'll paste it here for you!

I'll try to make these very long stories real short!

#1 and this one is totally disgusting IMO!

I was riding down the Blue Ridge Parkway in July 2005 peak vacation traffic time. I came around a long sweeping turn on my ZX 1100 Ninja and see in the left lane a young man standing there with his jacket and pants all ripped up and bleeding all over the place with a helmet on, there was a wrecked motorcycle on the side of the road beside him and he is in the middle of the lane with cars and motorcycles coming into my lane to drive/ride around him like he was some old tire lying there in their way not even giving him a second look. (OK" I'm pissed now)

So I go past him about 50 to 75 feet and park the Ninja in the left lane sideways taking up the whole lane with the 4 way flashers on to warn people. I walk up to the young man and he tells me a big motorhome towing an SUV took up both lanes and ran him off the road, they didn't even stop to help him (OK" now I'm more pissed) he said acording to his cell phone clock he was standing there about 15 minutes and I was the only one to stop. (my blood is starting to boil) I went to my bike and got my first aid stuff to patch him up,he has bones sticking through his skin on his left hand and road rash on his legs and arms. (he had gloves on, light jacket and blue jeans) after I patched him up he asked me if I had tools with me to get his bike in running shape enough to get it home which I did and after about an hour total time he was ready to ride to his uncles house about 30 miles away, as luck would have it his uncle was a trauma doctor. So I followed him slowly to his uncles house to make sure he was safe!

We were there on the road for over 1 hour working on him and his wrecked bike, hundreds of cars and motorcycles went by and not one even asked if we were OK never mind stopped to help. Goldwings,Harleys,BMWs,cruisers,sport bikes,sport tourers they all went right by us with outso much as a look!!! (OK" at this point I'm so disgusted with these so called motorcyclests/bikers I want towring someones neck)

[b][i][size=3]That wreck brought me to try a little test, I went up to the BRP 3 weekends in a row on my Wing and put it on the side of the road several times a day with most the fairing pulled off and laying on the ground so it was plain to see I was in trouble and needed help. I did this over 25 times and NOT ONE MOTORCYCLE EVER STOPPED to ask if I needed help! Not a one! I even had a couple on an 1800 Wing pull up on the grass behind me one time and I

Old 02-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Budz
Tourer

ORIGINAL: 211Chuck

ORIGINAL: Budz

Who is your post directed to???
The thread originator. Don't much care for the everybody owes me attitude. Just an opinion, not calling anyone out.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Folks don't stop like they used to but I think that maybe folks going by saw several folks and bikesstopped (half your group) and figured you may havehad enough help. I would hopeif you had been solo more would have stopped.

Old 02-12-2007, 04:21 PM
grumpy irish again
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

as most of my riding is on the freeway it is real hard to stop to help if I see a single rider on the side of the road I always back off and give the thumbs up if they need help let me know and I will turn around a go help tree riders standing around sounds like a break if not my little knowledge won't help anyway call me a bastard also

[IMG]local://upfiles/5757/94A00AA1442A4DDD982629E8A68A8D87.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Are you all unfriendly ba$tards???