General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you all unfriendly ba$tards???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:03 AM
Towpro
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Are you all unfriendly ba$tards???

Who ya callin' a unfriendly baztard....???

Like the others have said, it was 3 dudes on the side of the road, maybe ya'll was tuggin' on each others crank or sumtin'......LOL

If I see a lone rider on the shoulder, I try to make eye contact first, see if they wave me on, if they are lookin' at the bike or whatever I will stop & check on em.....nuff said [:'(]

Old 02-11-2007, 08:16 AM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

If there's something the 3 of you can't handle, I sure won't help much adding myself to the equation. If you were alone that would be different.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:28 AM
skateboard
Road Warrior

did you try to wave anybody down or did you stand there and smoke like nothing was wrong? if i saw 3 guys pulled over i'd keep driving along thinking thay got it under control. but thats just this unfriendly bastareds opinion.

Old 02-11-2007, 08:53 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

ORIGINAL: mgumto

A few weeks back a group of 6 of us were riding here in Phoenix. Long story short, we took a trip to Globe and on our way back from Globe, this dude's battery dies about 3 miles from Gold Canyon. Anyway, so 3 of them head to town to find a battery and the rest of us stay by the bikes to wait for them. My issue is,I would bet 200 bikes went by us in the hour and a half that we waited for the new battery and only 1 guy pulled over to make sure everything was fine. Now I know the 60 is a pretty busy road, but come on people, where is the love? How tough is it to stop and ask someone if they need anything? I guess maybe I'm naive having lived in North Dakota and Minnesota most of my life...I know for a fact had this occurred up north, 1 of every 3 riders would have stopped I bet....anyway, my question to you fellas is this: Do you stop for fellow broken down bikers if you have the chance or do you drive by???
Dude, what they all said plus this- You really didn't need help now did you? From all my experiences in the past 35 years or so of riding both jap bikes and now my American classic, I've never been left on the side of the road needing help. On my old Yamahaha or the Kaw, broken down on the shoulder, I had HD guys stop and never gave me any grief. So get a grip and save the attitude for the time when you really have a beef.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:08 AM
06ultra
Elite HDF Member

I KNEW IT,IKNEW IT you all are a bunch of unfriendly BAZTARD"S.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:14 AM
bay13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm with the everyone, if by yourself I'd stop if I could get over, but a group stopped would get a wave as I drove by. 3 brains to my 1/2 of a brain well, you get the point.

Old 02-11-2007, 09:43 AM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

ORIGINAL: 06ultra

I KNEW IT,IKNEW IT you all are a bunch of unfriendly BAZTARD"S.
Hey thats [b]MR BAZTARD!!!

Old 02-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Mathews2
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep 1 Bike, stopping, Accident;I am stopping.2 bikes more than likely stopping.3 bikes with grown men standing calmly around them, ain't stopping. So I will have to join the fraternity of BASSTURDS[8D]

Old 02-11-2007, 10:55 AM
jakedog
Road Warrior

yep, have to agree with everyone else.......

Old 02-11-2007, 11:03 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Three men standing near their bikes on a busy road; no apparent injuries; nobody looking over or working on any of the bikes; nobody trying to flag down help; and, etc.: No, I don't stop. Single bike maybe two, or any of the above I will try to stop if I can do so safely.

If the I were in the same situation as the original poster was, battery being picked up by others and nothing to do but wait, I would be gesturing to bikers that I don't need help rather than have them interrupt their ride or perhaps try to stop on a busy road.

Quick Reply: Are you all unfriendly ba$tards???