General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WCC VS Big Dog Motorcycles???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 08:28 AM
jimb
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WCC VS Big Dog Motorcycles???

I've seen a couple of WCC bikes.My wifes cousin worked for MAC tools and WCC had some bikes at their tent at the spring Nationals.No doubt if I had the money I'd buy one.They actually appear rideable, and possibly even maintainable.Look at some of the customs where eveything is hidden, if you had a problem it would take forever on some of these "bikes" to get to it.The problem I have with Big Dogs are, especially the earlier ones, is that everything is polished.If the owner does'nt take care of the polished parts, they end up looking like pot metal.Also, Easyriders bike show here in Columbus next Saturday.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11733/46FCDD03F11A47CAA002B27A857A53C5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 03-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Tattboy316
Novice

Check out the new Saxon site and bikes available now with our new paint facility in house.

Old 03-17-2010, 06:18 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

if i where t ospend $50K plus on a bike it would be built be jesse himself and it would be a 1 off for me built bike, i cant see that anytime soon so for now they are nice to look at LOL

Old 03-17-2010, 10:41 PM
R-Jay
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If I spend 50K on a custom chop, I will build it myself! Built my own in the '70s and '80s no reason I would not be able to do it now, and with 50K it would be one hell of a ride!

Old 03-17-2010, 11:17 PM
kiwideuce
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

jesse james build bikes to be ridden,no ridiculous rear tyres or anything!! wcc for me

Old 03-17-2010, 11:36 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

$50K would buy me a Boss Hoss.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:00 AM
Mr_B
Road Captain

I'm not too familiar with WCC. A friend of mine had a BD. Nothing but trouble! almost weekly. It got to the point he where was afraid to to ride it more than 50 miles from his home. There was always something happening to it. He had it towed 3 times that I know of. He limped it home other times. The dealer he bought it from wasn't much better. In fact, they went out of business. He finally got rid of it, and took a huge hit selling it.

Old 03-18-2010, 12:50 AM
IRideMineEverywhere
Tourer

I've lived in Long Beach and spent a lot of time hanging around checking out the bikes at WCC. Great bikes, great builder. I thought about having a bike built there at one time and would still love to have it done but I wouldn't ride it as much as I do my FLH by a long shot....
OTOH
I was born and raised in Wichita, KS. The home of BD and have a few friends who work there. Also great bikes. I wouldn't mind having a Mastiff. BD has had their problems, almost going TU a few years ago, problems with materials, suppliers, etc. I still wouldn't ride it as much.
Both shops build a good product, but they both design more for the bar crawl and show crowd, and I know I'm gonna catch hell for saying that. The BD's do have a lot more chrome and pretty paint than the "production" WCC Diablos do. BD isn't really a "custom" shop either, other than paint and chrome addons where, although it's been a while since I've checked, I'm sure you can get WCC to customize pretty much everything.
I would love to have a Diablo as well as a Mastiff. But I gotta go with R-Jay. If I'm gonna spend that much scratch on something, I'm going to build it myself.

Last edited by IRideMineEverywhere; 03-18-2010 at 12:55 AM.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:47 AM
QS78
Tourer

WCC using a "pull" philosophy >>>> built-to-order
BD using a "push" philosophy >>>>> built and wait the customer to buy

Old 03-18-2010, 10:45 AM
Cajun King
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like Sucker Punch Sally rides. You can get 2 of them for the price of 1 WCC.

Quick Reply: WCC VS Big Dog Motorcycles???