General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my first harley (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013 | 08:29 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member

nice WG, I've loved 'em since they came out in the 80's. They are a little ponderous at slow speed maybe due to the increased rake.

Old 02-16-2013 | 10:13 PM
Helrazor
Cruiser

just remember Pavement hurts alot worse than dirt.. 600lb bikes dont land like a cr250

Old 02-16-2013 | 11:44 PM
The Outlaw
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by DYNAmiteBuzz
Slap some knobby tires on her and you'll be ready for some dirt riding again. lol Nice bike. Enjoy!!
dont tempt me lol. since before i even got this bike i've been daydreaming how sweet it would be to get one of those orange 883r sportsters and converting to dirtbike front end and putting knobbys on it. luckily i didnt think it was possible without a big budget and lot of know how lol

Old 02-16-2013 | 11:50 PM
Red Zeppelin
Tourer

Sweet ride Enjoy

Old 02-16-2013 | 11:52 PM
The Outlaw
|
Tourer

since i got the bike i've only put about 50 miles on it. i dunno how you guys do it in this weather. its been averaging like 33deg and as soon as i get above 40mph for more than a minute or so my jaw and throat starts to burn and go numb, fingers start to go numb.... thats even with the windshield on. i've been wearing regular steel toe boots, jeans, a hooded sweatshirt under a carhart jacket, and have my winter hat on under helmet with some cheapo gloves.

im getting more comfortable with slow turns and the forward controls but i notice im having trouble finding a position on the bike. i do alot of scooting around on the seat trying to find whats comfortable. not sure if its the seat or bars but something just feels a little off. even with the cold and other issues i still think its safe to say im hooked. all i can think about is riding the damn thing.

Old 02-17-2013 | 01:02 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by The Outlaw
...as soon as i get above 40mph for more than a minute or so my jaw and throat starts to burn and go numb, fingers start to go numb.... thats even with the windshield on. i've been wearing regular steel toe boots, jeans, a hooded sweatshirt under a carhart jacket, and have my winter hat on under helmet with some cheapo gloves...
If you're not wearing a full face helmet, you're not even trying. Heated jacket liner is way good, too; maybe heated glove liners.

Old 02-17-2013 | 12:43 PM
fattyboyrider
Road Captain

congrads & nice ride

Old 02-17-2013 | 12:52 PM
Woffski
Tourer

Congrats on the new bike!!! Enjoy it!!!

Old 02-17-2013 | 01:07 PM
The Outlaw
|
Tourer

i just keep thinking "man if i enjoy it this much in the winter summer is gonna be the sheet"

Old 02-17-2013 | 01:32 PM
scooter1128
Road Captain
Veteran: Marine Corp

congrats on bike. i have an 05 wg. couple of suggestions...ride like a pro dvd, especially if this is your first street bike. the wg will handle a bit differently at slow speed due to the raked front end, but nothing you wont get used to. im only 5'8", so the forward controls took a bit to get used to. you may want to try other seats since your seat might be the kind that sets you back. may want a seat to put you closer to the tank. if your gonna ride in cold weather, may wanna get gear for it or you'll be miserable. good luck with your new ride and stay safe

Quick Reply: Finally got my first harley (pics)