General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my first harley (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013 | 02:21 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by The Outlaw
im 5'11" not sure about the inseam i'll have to measure. ill have to look into the adapter since that will probably be cheaper than replacing the seat that i like.

ill be keeping the windshield on untill it warms up to try to keep some of this cold wind off of me. i hated the idea of it untill i rode it in the cold. since i've got it i've put 75-100 miles on it all in temps from 25-35 deg and the shield really seems to help.

heres a better pic think it still needs to come up?

I think your pedal is tilted forward. I am an inch shorter than you and reach the brake very comfortably. compare the angle of your pedal to mine relative to the frame rail.

Attached Thumbnails Finally got my first harley (pics)-393282_320998184594003_832731745_n.jpg  
Old 02-28-2013 | 02:37 PM
Sturgeon
Road Captain

Nice scooter. Have fun.

Old 02-28-2013 | 03:45 PM
The Outlaw
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Woofron
Nice bike! Although I am a bit partial!
what seat is that? love the color also. was looking at a purple one about the same year as yours when i was shopping for a bike but the guy wanted more for it than the 07 i bought even though it had alot more miles and less add ons than the 07.

Old 02-28-2013 | 03:51 PM
The Outlaw
|
Tourer

i just finished up installing the battery harness for my gerbings gear and think i'll end up re doing it again soon. was a pain to weave through the battery box and i ran it out the other side of the bike and now have like a foot and a half of extra wire that i dunno what to do with? i'd also like to find a way to add a cig lighter port for charging gps/phone to use for navigation but without having 6 terminals hooked to my battery. also just finished waterproofing the gerbings g3 gloves with the stuff they recomend. cant wait to try it all out when i get some time. the gloves fit good around the hand but the fingers are a wee bit long.

im glad i freaked out at the last minute and changed the order for a 4x instead of 2x jacket liner because altough their sizing chart showed a 2x would be more than big enough with my measurements the 4x i ended up getting is just right and nice and snug with just a shirt underneath. i dont think the 2x would have been close to big enough.

Old 02-28-2013 | 03:59 PM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member

Cut the power cable to the correct length and install new crimp-on connectors of the proper size. Or find space to hide the folded cable.

Old 02-28-2013 | 04:16 PM
Woofron
Cruiser

what seat is that? love the color also. was looking at a purple one about the same year as yours when i was shopping for a bike but the guy wanted more for it than the 07 i bought even though it had alot more miles and less add ons than the 07.
It came with the bike when I bought it. It is a HD branded seat, and from what I can tell it came off a 2006 dyna. The part number is RDW-92/61-0067.
That's only for wife free rides!

Old 02-28-2013 | 04:26 PM
The Outlaw
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by lo-rider
Cut the power cable to the correct length and install new crimp-on connectors of the proper size. Or find space to hide the folded cable.
never thought of cutting the ends and replacing connectors. for now i think when i get the heated gear on and use it a couple of times to see exactly how much of the wire i need hanging out ill drag all the rest in under the seat and tie it down.

Old 03-18-2013 | 08:00 PM
The Outlaw
|
Tourer

can anyone tell by pics what seat exactly is on this bike? previous owner said something about sundowner but i believe thats just a brand name not model name. with this seat i notice im not flat footed when stopped and forward controls are too far away. im wondering if a stock seat would bring me down and forward?

Attached Thumbnails Finally got my first harley (pics)-img_20130214_154936_246-custom-.jpg   Finally got my first harley (pics)-img_20130215_104500_774-custom-.jpg  
Old 03-18-2013 | 11:35 PM
deuce_streetbob
Road Master

can anyone tell by pics what seat exactly is on this bike? previous owner said something about sundowner but i believe thats just a brand name not model name. with this seat i notice im not flat footed when stopped and forward controls are too far away. im wondering if a stock seat would bring me down and forward?
looks to be a harley sundowner, which is a very thick seat intended for long rides. there are other seats that would get you closer to the frame/ground and probably make you more comfortable and feel more in control. you don't necessarily have to get a harley branded seat either....plenty of good choices out there. nice bike though...get comfortable with her and ride safe!

Old 03-19-2013 | 12:44 AM
Mathom
Ultimate HDF Member

nice scoot, have fun

Quick Reply: Finally got my first harley (pics)