General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally got my first harley (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013 | 08:23 AM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member

Nice ride and enjoy

Old 02-27-2013 | 11:38 AM
junior07
Road Master

Originally Posted by The Outlaw
im 5'11" not sure about the inseam i'll have to measure. ill have to look into the adapter since that will probably be cheaper than replacing the seat that i like.

ill be keeping the windshield on untill it warms up to try to keep some of this cold wind off of me. i hated the idea of it untill i rode it in the cold. since i've got it i've put 75-100 miles on it all in temps from 25-35 deg and the shield really seems to help.

heres a better pic think it still needs to come up?
at 5'11" stock forward controls should fit you fine. It may be that you are so used to the positioning on dirt bikes that you haven't gotten used to the feel yet.

I am 6'2" with a 36" inseam, and extended my forward controls 3" for more comfort. It should be fairly easy and inexpensive to get the adapter. And if you like that feel, keep it. If not you can always sell the adapter on the classifieds here.

Looking at your brake pedal from that pick, i think it looks fine. But, you can always adjust it and try new positions to see what feels best. That too is a very easy task.

have fun with your new WG.

Old 02-27-2013 | 03:19 PM
The Outlaw
|
Tourer

anyone got a link or part number or anything for the adapter? i've been looking for it since it was first mentioned but cant find it.

junior07- i think alot of my problem is that because of the air cleaner my right leg is always bent out which shortens it a bit so my foot slips around on the peg. my left works on the peg just fine but would still be more comfortable if it were a tiny bit closer.

Old 02-28-2013 | 10:15 AM
junior07
Road Master

Originally Posted by The Outlaw
anyone got a link or part number or anything for the adapter? i've been looking for it since it was first mentioned but cant find it.

junior07- i think alot of my problem is that because of the air cleaner my right leg is always bent out which shortens it a bit so my foot slips around on the peg. my left works on the peg just fine but would still be more comfortable if it were a tiny bit closer.
That can be a problem. You could always get a low profile cleaner cover. I have one on my bike in my sig pick. Or, for that you could use the forward control peg mount extender kit. It pushes the pegs out by about an inch or so sideways as opposed to forward.

Here is the pull back (kick back) bracket a Dennis Kirk by Accutronix:

https://www.denniskirk.com/accutroni...prd/574543.sku

Here is the peg mount extender:

http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/374...mount-Extender

Old 02-28-2013 | 10:45 AM
lo-rider
Elite HDF Member

Or you could just fix the problem by installing mid-controls.

Old 02-28-2013 | 10:52 AM
8upguitarman
Elite HDF Member

Nice Outlaw! Welcome. My first Harley I got back in September 06 DWG.. Awesome bikes. I can't wait for warm weather. I've already put on 1600 miles on mine. Enjoy!!

Old 02-28-2013 | 11:44 AM
huntnaz
Cruiser

Sweet looking Dyna!
Good luck in getting your forward controls and seat figured out, once your comfortable on the bike the road is your limit!

Old 02-28-2013 | 12:48 PM
The Outlaw
|
Tourer

was laying in bed and started to wonder land night....

is it possible that the controls arent too far away but rather the foot slipping off is just due to poor choice in footwear? or the fact that the forward controls have more shiny metal than gripping surface? i've just been wearing my realtree hiking boots while riding. i have no problem getting other boots if thats the issue. the realtree's are just my go to footwear for the winter and outdoors.

on a side note i think the woman is starting to warm up to me having a bike. she's had nothing nice to say about my choice in wanting a bike and hated the bike i bought.

THEN.... the other night she calls me over to the computer to show me a some pics of a friend of hers with her boyfriend and his bike at a local club benefit get together and asks if my bikes better (read more expensive) than his (stock 883) then she asks if i even have a helmet to fit her...

just days before that she swore she'd never be seen on a harley

was happy as can be to hear all that but it kind of sucks because its going to be a long while till she gets to ride untill im completely comfortable with my abilities on the bike and learn the fundamentals of hauling a passenger on the back. i've only ever taken kids on little rides on my dirt bikes around the yard and had them sitting in front of me holding on to the bars.

Last edited by The Outlaw; 02-28-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-28-2013 | 01:15 PM
Woofron
Cruiser

Nice bike! Although I am a bit partial!

Old 02-28-2013 | 01:52 PM
Johan96
Elite HDF Member

Congrats, nice ride!

Quick Reply: Finally got my first harley (pics)