General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The good

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2013, 01:57 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 12,256 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by gnewman
I'd be happy to be back and up IronAss. How is the Harley Tractor for long rides?
It's good. I've ridden the Hoka Hey with it and that was about a 20 hour a day deal for a couple weeks straight. I threw a sheepskin on it and was fairly comfortable.

EDIT...I'll be using the Buddy seat for any long distance rides from now on though.

Last edited by IronAss; 02-12-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:26 AM
gnewman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
It's good. I've ridden the Hoka Hey with it and that was about a 20 hour a day deal for a couple weeks straight. I threw a sheepskin on it and was fairly comfortable.

EDIT...I'll be using the Buddy seat for any long distance rides from now on though.
That's encouraging. Thanks!

Old 02-13-2013, 06:29 AM
gnewman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 46u
I wish I could put more in mine but the way things have been in the pass 3 years I am happy keeping mine running which it is not that much but in my situation it takes me a while to get up the money for a good oil change. One good thing is I can do all my own work including but not limited to motor machine work. If I heath was better I could get by by working on them but I have some good days and too many bad days.

I use to have a 1946 U 74 many years ago I built out of pieces that looked similar to yours but the real deal LOL and the most comfortable seat I have sat on was on it but it all so had the seat plunger. If I could put one on my Ultra and make it look good I would. But the seat I run not stock is not real bad other then it has 92K miles on it and could be redone.

That 46U is sweet!! They do make conversions for the pogo and instead of a plunger now they use a tiny shock. Wonder if they make it for the ultra.