General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Freedom Performance Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 01:56 PM
talon0930
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Freedom Performance Exhaust

Although my initial opinion was a bit skepticle, due to some questionable customer service, I want to say that Freedom has since rectified my issue.

I originally contacted them after I purchased a set of slip-ons, which they were unable to assist me with the end cap removal. As it turned out, I have an older model/style pipe, which requires a different removal method. After several back and forth conversations, Freedom appologized for the mix-up.

As far as the product itself, I said before it is decent. I got the Signature 3 1/2" slip-on's. Chrome looks good and the sound out of these slip-ons is aggressive. Definately has a bark when your on the throttle, response is crisper. Idle has a throaty deeper tone, but they are definately closer to the loud side. I have already ordered the new tuck and under headers, so hopefully they go on well and look good too. I'm sure I will be the only bike around with the Freedom exhaust, and I am even more certain I will have the only tuck and under system around....they are brand new and for pre 08 bikes!

I was originally unable to find any other reviews or information on Freedom Performance Exhaust, so I just wanted to take a few minutes to share my experience.

Last edited by talon0930; 02-11-2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: opinion changed
Old 02-07-2013, 02:02 PM
jjames
Tourer

What problems are you having? I've never used them, just wondering specifics they look good products and from what I've heard it was started by people that broke off of vance and hines which is why a lot of their products look similar.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Kowan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I didn't have a need to contact their support. I ordered mine from DennisKirk while on sale.

They are always busy at the Laughlin River run installing full exhaust systems.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Uncle Chester
Extreme HDF Member
Received 182 Likes on 139 Posts

I 've been happy with mine, haven't had to call their customer service though. Sorry to hear you had a problem with them.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:35 PM
talon0930
Cruiser

I will add details then

Old 02-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Zakk13
Stellar HDF Member
Received 659 Likes on 345 Posts

Well what happened??

Old 02-07-2013, 08:54 PM
nevil
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,004 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by talon0930
I will add details then
Whenever you're ready...

Old 02-08-2013, 12:08 AM
jjames
Tourer

You've posted in a bunch of different sections how horrible they are in customer service and even posted on a review from a few years back bashing their quality and customer service that you read this review before purchase and bought anyway. I know there's a few companies left with good customer service but that is the exception not the norm. We're all on the edge of our seats to hear what's wrong with the slip ons that you even needed to call customer service. You say yourself the product appears decent.

Old 02-08-2013, 01:52 AM
Contrails
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had awesome service with them. I wanted a set of pipes that they no longer produce for my road king. Called em up and the guy I got took my info and went digging in their attic. Called me back the next day, found the last set and sent them out same day.

After doing a ton of phone/email business in the last few months, I think the key part is the first rep you get, get their extension, and from that point on only deal with them. Insist on it. Ever seen a call center for a multi million dollar company? There is probably a room filled with "reps". Just my .02

Last edited by Contrails; 02-08-2013 at 02:45 AM.
Old 02-08-2013, 02:12 AM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,889 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by nevil
Whenever you're ready...
The OP sounds like the difficult one to deal with, LOL.

Quick Reply: Freedom Performance Exhaust