General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stop worring and start living!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 07:16 AM
TheRooster
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd much rather wear my leather pants and leather jacket so that I can enjoy the ride and not have to worry about if some teeny bopper on a cell phone going all yakkity-yak bumps me off my bike.

I like to ride. That's why I ride to/from work in almost everything. I like to ride. Road rash keeps one from riding, as does physical therapy after getting a limb cut off.

I'm a numbers type guy. The numbers don't lie; the majority of motorcyclists will wreck, and those with less gear will get screwed over more.

So, in short. . .having all my gear on lets me enjoy the ride. The days where I don't have my leather pants on, I actually enjoy the ride less because I'm worrying about my nut sack getting ground off if I slide across the pavement.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:23 AM
Duracell
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 581 Posts

Originally Posted by TheRooster
I'd much rather wear my leather pants and leather jacket so that I can enjoy the ride and not have to worry about if some teeny bopper on a cell phone going all yakkity-yak bumps me off my bike.

I like to ride. That's why I ride to/from work in almost everything. I like to ride. Road rash keeps one from riding, as does physical therapy after getting a limb cut off.

I'm a numbers type guy. The numbers don't lie; the majority of motorcyclists will wreck, and those with less gear will get screwed over more.

So, in short. . .having all my gear on lets me enjoy the ride. The days where I don't have my leather pants on, I actually enjoy the ride less because I'm worrying about my nut sack getting ground off if I slide across the pavement.
I'd much rather ride in comfort and keep an eye out for that teeny bopper but that's just me.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 AM
bobgv
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Duracell
I'd much rather ride in comfort and keep an eye pout for that teeny bopper but that's just me.
Yeah That !!

Old 02-06-2013, 07:40 AM
SouthpawHD
Extreme HDF Member
Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Here we go again....

I have to agree with many of the OP's points, and that is why I stay out of a lot of threads.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:00 AM
kzoo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awareness. thats all.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:06 AM
Village Idiot™
Stellar HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Who likes hunting birds?!

Old 02-06-2013, 08:07 AM
HarleyGTP
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 43 Posts

I have to agree with the OP..... but in a different sense.
I agree that people worry too much, but it seems people here worry about some delinquent stealing their bike or parts from it. I feel like every day I'm reading a new post about how to secure your ride. I live/work in the NYC area and have NEVER worried that much!

I totally understand riding safety, road visibility, and defense driving techniques. But a small minority of guys on this forum should really consider selling their bikes, it would relieve much stress from life....

Old 02-06-2013, 08:08 AM
CB024
Road Master

I feel like the "hit by flying objects" was directed at my post about getting hit by road debris. I posted that thread to hear peoples road stories and experiences not because I'm terrified of getting hit by anything. I think it turned out to be an entertaining thread of guys trading stories about their experiences.

I think if you and a few others here had it your way nothing would get posted on this forum because nothing is worthy of being posted in your eyes.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:09 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3,075 Likes on 2,558 Posts

I sold my second bike because I was constantly worried about crashing. The fun factory was gone. And so far, I haven't ad those thought with this bike. But a new demon has raised it's ugly head...thinking it's going to get stolen. I wouldn't have thought this, if I didn't come home Monday and see the tarp, 90% off of it. And it wasn't a windy day. But that's not going to make me sell it. My physical abilities and my financial situation will.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:20 AM
2 Wheels Up
Cruiser

I never think about it, I just ride. As a kid, did you ever get on your bicycle and think of falling? I may be different but it never crossed my mind. I just keep aware of things but I'm not paranoid and I enjoy it.

Quick Reply: Stop worring and start living!