General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

O2 sensors and dynotune

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Robotech
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by izzyryder
The tuners below don't actually use the o2 sensors, unless you load a canned map on there where the closed loop portion is still set for 14.6. The only reason the o2 sensors are left installed is so that codes aren't thrown. This is why you are able to remove and use o2 sensor eliminators. Also the thread is about dynoing the bike, not installing an add on with canned maps.
You really need to read up more on this. The manufacturers of these tuners disagree with you. I have posted links to Fuel Moto's site above that specifically says it uses the narrow band O2s and then you come here and say they don't. Now you have someone else telling you the same thing I am, pointing to links from people who know more about this stuff than all of us combined, and still you post nothing more than your opinion.

I'm not concerned with changing your mind, but I hope those that are new to this and seeking knowledge on the subject do their research and form their own opinion based not on this conversation, but by what the experts in the field have to say.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Uncle Larry
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 49,928 Likes on 19,373 Posts

... and all of this because poor "Jockwhisky" asked a simple ( has there ever been? ) question .... "Izzyrider" has based his advice on "assumptions" as the information originally provided was far from enough to give advice ... "Robotech" was clearer, giving proper advice and alternatives, including parameters that would predicate elimination or retention of the O2 sensors .... It really pays to get all the facts before offering advice! Post #10 should have been the first reply ... not one of the last ... Sometimes someone just feels the need to be first .. just my .02 cents worth !