General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moto Fuel map quality

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007 | 11:44 AM
Dogs of war
|
Road Captain
Default Moto Fuel map quality

I know that many people here have a PCIII from Jamie at MotoFuel. He will premap the unit prior to sending it out to you. How many of you were pleased with the map that he loaded/recommended for you?Is the quality of the map what you expected or did you get another map from the PC website or have one custom made for you? Also, when tweaking it yourself is it pretty much trial and error or is there some things to look for on the read out?

Old 02-08-2007 | 12:40 PM
travelingman
Advanced
Default RE: Moto Fuel map quality

Map I received was not right. Pinging on acceleration. Jamieprovided new map and sent it back.Since we were dyno tuning bike we took standard Dyno jet map and tuned it. Jamie was very helpful, but map wasway off for setup Igave him.You'll need to see your map air fuel on dyno to know if Jamie's maps are right.

Old 02-08-2007 | 01:42 PM
fishafly
Road Master

I got my PCIII from Jamie and the map he provided has been great. All I have are Rineharts and a Ness Big Sucker so I don't think that thats a complicated set-up, but it was a map that I couldn't find on the Dynojet website. I've had it on for about 4k now and no worries... Plugs are the right color,and there is no decel popping. Short of having it tuned (which I will do with future mods) I thinkFuelMoto can't be beat and I was happy with the pricing.

Old 02-08-2007 | 02:00 PM
Dogs of war
|
Road Captain

I have a Ness Big Sucker with Wild Pig slip ons on the stock pipes. Should be too complicated for him right?

Old 02-08-2007 | 04:19 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Dogs of war

I have a Ness Big Sucker with Wild Pig slip ons on the stock pipes. Should be too complicated for him right?
I was happy with mine but had it dynoed anyway. Tuner made quite a few changes and it runs even better.
I'd give Jamie a call if I were you.

Old 02-08-2007 | 04:27 PM
mkultra
Tourer

I just put mine on two days ago and i cant believe how much better it runs. Did the K&N 3909, PcIIUSB, and Rush straight cuts with the 1.75 baffles. Took and hour and a half to do...dont have a laptop so i havent done the throttle thing yet but seat of the pants difference is fantastic. With all the problems i am reading about here i am not sure i will do anything with the throttle unless the gas miliage is totally whacked. Time will tell...oh and my 07 ultra is the best bike ive ever owned...no probs whatsoever....

mike

Old 02-08-2007 | 06:38 PM
llmotorcycles
Cruiser

Myself as well asas several others in my riding group have been dealing with Fuelmoto for several years now. All I can say is Jamie has been great help with supplying Power Commanders and maps for us. They are always there when I call and when I got my 07 Ultra last summer they had more info and maps than Dynojet (who even told me to call Fuel Moto!). I have use their maps in my lastbike as well and on my current 07 Ultra w/ Rinehart s/o and SE aircleanerswhich runs great. I had my last bike dynotuned and their map was very close. Onmy current 07 I will just run the map they supplied which is working awesome.The onlyissue we ever have hadwas to make sure thethrottle position was set.

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:19 PM
todd6751
Cruiser

i have the same as ekimrk, i've only ridden about 10 miles due to the weather but it sounds good, good accel and decel, no popping. can't friggin wait till the weather breaks so i can really give it a run.

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:29 PM
Overlappinglittlepig
Cruiser

got a pc111 from jamie in november for my 07 ultra. se slip ons with k@n filter. bike runs awesome!

Old 02-08-2007 | 08:16 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member

His maps seem very close,even if somewhat different due to pipe or AC brand.With a close map installed by himfor your bikes setup it will at least allow you to safely ride bike to have dynoed.

Quick Reply: Moto Fuel map quality