General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Show in Cleveland

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2013, 05:48 PM
MiniWolf
Received 4,843 Likes on 2,296 Posts

A little late but I went, as well. It was OK. I had never been to the show before so I wanted to go. It was a bit crowded. At times it was hard to get through the isles. There was all the stuff you would expect to see at a motorcycle show.

As others mentioned, everything is a bit pricey. Watered-Down Pepsi--$5 , $8 Hamburger etc..As long as you go there to look at stuff and not buy stuff, it is pretty cheap entertainment and a good way to spend a cold afternoon in Junuary.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:08 PM
jackod
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought tickets online and saved $4 on each adult ticket (3). Lots of vendors for leather, t-shirts this year. Not so many for things I was looking for like highway pegs and wheels. You might be able to find the discount. I kept getting the offer by email.

Last edited by jackod; 01-27-2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 01-27-2013, 08:32 PM
C-TownGlider26
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Went to the show today. Complete waste of time for someone who actually cares about the ins and outs of motor vehicles compare to those who prefer to boast an image or have no idea what they are talking about. Saw everything from crowds of guys convinced that this is the best looking Harley out there while staring at a Suzuki boulevard to guys wearing cuts while in dockers and loafers. Some of te custom bikes were very nice especially the old number 7 bike and a stripped bobber from a local shop and also some old suicide shift Indians. But 90% of the show was fake leather vendors selling at regular prices and people just thumping their chests to others trying to show that they know all. Not trying to be too much of a downer and I knew it would be like that, just sucks to see a show where those who actually know anything about what they are looking at is the minority.

Old 01-27-2013, 10:13 PM
bigdaddy33
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Sounds like this was your first time attending this show.

Originally Posted by C-TownGlider26
Went to the show today. Complete waste of time for someone who actually cares about the ins and outs of motor vehicles compare to those who prefer to boast an image or have no idea what they are talking about. Saw everything from crowds of guys convinced that this is the best looking Harley out there while staring at a Suzuki boulevard to guys wearing cuts while in dockers and loafers. Some of te custom bikes were very nice especially the old number 7 bike and a stripped bobber from a local shop and also some old suicide shift Indians. But 90% of the show was fake leather vendors selling at regular prices and people just thumping their chests to others trying to show that they know all. Not trying to be too much of a downer and I knew it would be like that, just sucks to see a show where those who actually know anything about what they are looking at is the minority.