General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is what frustration sounds like when you own a Harley

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2013 | 07:16 PM
CoxyinOz
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CoxyinOz
That was the plan ... it was a case of doing more investigation to find out what was still stopping it from running which turned out to be a) a flat battery b) the TSSM forgetting the fob and c) the process of getting re-associated.

I'd actually written all this up to share on another site and thought it may have been useful to other newbs and those as mechanically illiterate as me

Also thought I could just post a link to the blog that detailed the whole process and not have to re-type it all in again .. but couldn't ...so whilst I was dicking around trying to fix the OP I guess you clicked on it ...

Like I said - I'm still learning - so apologies if it wasn't 100% clear to start with

and if you dont like a Happy Ending with a loud soundtrack dont click on this you tube link

Last edited by CoxyinOz; 01-25-2013 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-26-2013 | 09:46 AM
nolabel
Cruiser

Glad you got her sorted out, mate. Hopefully in time for an Oz Day spin. Also being mechanically dangerous, I found the videos hilarious. Ignore the dudes criticizing your trial and error, as they're also the ones blathering about everyone needing to learn their bikes. My baby-Mumma probably had the better idea, though, buying me a bike-mechanics course at the local tech college as a XMas present. Learn a bit to make trial and error less a trial?!

PS: it's -13 in Toronto, Canada, so my hog is sleeping (was just home in Oz for vacation; miss the sun immediately).

Old 01-26-2013 | 11:43 AM
ChickinOnaChain
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I can see it not starting being frustrating but I would have called the Harley shop if it's a new bike.

Old 01-26-2013 | 11:54 AM
hdbob2006
Stellar HDF Member

Looks and sounds to me like a loose battery cable. If that was the problem,it will happen again.[And they can be 'loose' electrically,but not quite physically,and give the same problem.]

Old 01-26-2013 | 07:21 PM
CoxyinOz
|
Intermediate

Originally Posted by nolabel
Glad you got her sorted out, mate. Hopefully in time for an Oz Day spin. Also being mechanically dangerous, I found the videos hilarious. Ignore the dudes criticizing your trial and error, as they're also the ones blathering about everyone needing to learn their bikes. My baby-Mumma probably had the better idea, though, buying me a bike-mechanics course at the local tech college as a XMas present. Learn a bit to make trial and error less a trial?!

PS: it's -13 in Toronto, Canada, so my hog is sleeping (was just home in Oz for vacation; miss the sun immediately).
Gday Digger/cobber/mate
-13 cecius or F?
31 in Perth for Oz day ...got burnt doing chores around house...
Yeah always been too scared to touch bikes but have been giving ita go and learning that I can actually do some basic mechanical ****....

Update to this story... When I changed the bike battery (drama in itself as it is located in the pointy end of the frame in front of the airbox) I knocked off an o-ring on the crankcase breather.....of couse I didnt realise that until after I **** my pants looking at my engine covered in oil !!!

Live and learn....