General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Bashing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007 | 09:49 PM
Soft06
|
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Harley Bashing

An Oberservation:

There was a post on here by a nice enough guy that had some links to pics of his bike, it wasn't a Harley. A few responses weren't very nice, but most were respectful and pointed out that he at least rode. I have to tell you, I was impressed. The fellow that posted his ride on a Harley forum had to expect some ribbing, kinda like before I changed my pipes I would get: "Dude, start your bike"...It is started I'd scream,,,laughing at the same time as them.
My point is, someone posted a link to a Goldwing forum, so I popped on over for a read the last few days. I AM BLOWN AWAY at how much Harley bashing goes on there!!!!!!!!! The HD Forum seems to spread info and help and laughter about Harelys and anything else we find that gets us going. There..the TOPIC is Harleys, and how can we bad mouth them today.
Seems as though 99% of the riders here practice live and let live. So I want to thank the HD Forum riders for it's wisdom & kindness to all motorcycle riders.

Old 02-06-2007 | 09:52 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member
Default RE: Harley Bashing

your welcome,,,,, but lets not get to cumfy on "the other side" !!! lol

Old 02-06-2007 | 09:53 PM
seikan1
Road Warrior

Live and let live....best policy. I like all bikes. Some are uglier than others...but I still think it would be a better place if everyone were on bikes instead of cages. Well, safer at least for us.

Old 02-06-2007 | 09:54 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Soft06

An Oberservation:

There was a post on here by a nice enough guy that had some links to pics of his bike, it wasn't a Harley. A few responses weren't very nice, but most were respectful and pointed out that he at least rode. I have to tell you, I was impressed. The fellow that posted his ride on a Harley forum had to expect some ribbing, kinda like before I changed my pipes I would get: "Dude, start your bike"...It is started I'd scream,,,laughing at the same time as them.
My point is, someone posted a link to a Goldwing forum, so I popped on over for a read the last few days. I AM BLOWN AWAY at how much Harley bashing goes on there!!!!!!!!! The HD Forum seems to spread info and help and laughter about Harelys and anything else we find that gets us going. There..the TOPIC is Harleys, and how can we bad mouth them today.
Seems as though 99% of the riders here practice live and let live. So I want to thank the HD Forum riders for it's wisdom & kindness to all motorcycle riders.
Yeah this is a pretty fun place when we're not fighting!Whatever you do....DON'T CONFESS TO ANYTHING!!

Old 02-06-2007 | 09:56 PM
mimo
Extreme HDF Member

Rev up... then you won't hear the bashing...

Regards.

Old 02-06-2007 | 09:58 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member

It's all about personal preferance.... it's not my business what bike someone else rides, what chick someone elsse rides (in most cases ), etc... live and let live...

Old 02-06-2007 | 09:58 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

I took a grip end cap off a bike at a dealer once????????
AHHHH,, whooooops>> my bad

Old 02-06-2007 | 09:59 PM
MAchonewon
Road Master

I don't think HD owners have a monopoly on metric bashing or visa versa. I really think some of the metric riders have an inferiority complex. They immediately start defending why they bought their metric cruiser. Hey fine with me I have an 07 HD and looked at metrics but no way could I go there. I love the HD history, sound, rumble the whole HD experience is why I continue to ride HD.

Old 02-06-2007 | 10:13 PM
Tinkermc
Outstanding HDF Member

Well guys I must confess the Gold wing people do bash the H~D's pretty hard. I went away from H~Ds while AMF was in charge. I went to Honda and since have had 5 Gold Wings and been an officer in the Gold Wing Road Riders on several occ. Gold Wing is a good bikie and powerful. I switched back in 04. Now H~D is even cheaper than a Gold Wing with the same equipement. I will stick with the HDs and still wave at everyone. My 02 cents worth.

Old 02-06-2007 | 10:14 PM
zukeeper
Elite HDF Member

ORIGINAL: DenimStreet
Yeah this is a pretty fun place when we're not fighting!Whatever you do....DON'T CONFESS TO ANYTHING!!
[/quote]

So I better not confess to lusting after your Jag

Quick Reply: Harley Bashing