General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Bashing

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007 | 06:27 PM
Detro996
Cruiser
Default RE: Harley Bashing

From someone whol lives on both sides of the equation I'd have to say if more Harley people would wave at riders other than Harley riders they would be less perceived as a clickesh group. I have several sportbikes and a sport touring type bike with hardbags andthe minute I start down the road on my RKC, the first thing I notice is all these people waving at me. Needless to say they are the Harley people that I'm not used to waving. We play a little game up in the mtns where you can ride 350 mile days on nothing but curving roads. We will be a group of 5 to 10 sportbikes all dressed out in leathers and we go out of our way to wave like crazy at Harleys people and it is rare that anyone waves back. Goldwings and every other motorcyclist waves. Why do the Harley people find it that they are above waving at every other motorcyclist. JMO but I cannot help but think this is part of the reason for separation.

Old 02-08-2007 | 06:32 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

Ok time for a subject change.

[IMG]local://upfiles/11242/17B4D3D3DC5445FE9F74D66AFB45E4B6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-08-2007 | 07:03 PM
JohnT
Road Master

What about all the bashing that goes on inside HarleyWorld, namely that directed at Sportster riders. That gets really annoying.

Old 02-08-2007 | 09:19 PM
Aces N Eights

ORIGINAL: JohnT

What about all the bashing that goes on inside HarleyWorld, namely that directed at Sportster riders. That gets really annoying.
They are probably former Wingers who don't know any better. Can't fault a guy in a wheel chair because he don't know what its like to walk. Same holds true here.

Old 02-09-2007 | 01:40 AM
SquishFace
Road Captain

Thats why Willie G. put the Harley name on a Yamaha.... so Sporty owners could finally talk ****.

Old 02-09-2007 | 01:44 AM
Unamed
Road Master

I would be very surprised if someone was seriously giving a hard time over riding a sporty, its ussually jsut good fun...
If its not then ****em, lol

Old 02-09-2007 | 02:03 AM
DougsDyna
Banned

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

honda riders are the same kids that showed up at baseball practice with a pleather mit,white tennis shoes w/black socks,,pink tanktop and a cracker jax toy whistle around his neck!!!

Hey, you remembered me!!!!!!!

Old 02-09-2007 | 05:45 AM
bosnmate
Banned

ORIGINAL: Soft06

An Oberservation:

There was a post on here by a nice enough guy that had some links to pics of his bike, it wasn't a Harley. A few responses weren't very nice, but most were respectful and pointed out that he at least rode. I have to tell you, I was impressed. The fellow that posted his ride on a Harley forum had to expect some ribbing, kinda like before I changed my pipes I would get: "Dude, start your bike"...It is started I'd scream,,,laughing at the same time as them.
My point is, someone posted a link to a Goldwing forum, so I popped on over for a read the last few days. I AM BLOWN AWAY at how much Harley bashing goes on there!!!!!!!!! The HD Forum seems to spread info and help and laughter about Harelys and anything else we find that gets us going. There..the TOPIC is Harleys, and how can we bad mouth them today.
Seems as though 99% of the riders here practice live and let live. So I want to thank the HD Forum riders for it's wisdom & kindness to all motorcycle riders.
You are welcome and it just goes to show that while some of us may not look like it, we have a lot more class.

My friend rides a Honda with me and we tease each other all the time. If we park in a public area like a bar parking lot, I will sneak out and throw a handful of rice under his bike (Yes I carry rice with me just for this reason). On the way out I will say "Dude, your bikes leaking". P*sses him off but we always laugh. Get this, he bought the Honda because he thought he couldn't afford a Harley, he paid $2000.00 more for his than I paid for my Road King.

Old 02-09-2007 | 12:03 PM
Edmo
Road Master

My wife's first bike is a Suzuki Boulevard C-50 and I've found I don't wave at her when we are riding...

Edmo

Old 02-09-2007 | 12:18 PM
electraride2
Cruiser

When your king of the hill[or road] all those who are not will always try to knock you down! HARLEY DAVIDSON IS KING.

Quick Reply: Harley Bashing