General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Bashing

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007 | 07:17 PM
HondaRocket1
Banned
Default RE: Harley Bashing

ooooooooooooooooooo No eat 'a paint flake!!!!!!!!!!!

YAnkee!!!!!

Mother Japan reign supreme in motorcycle industry!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/24584/E3B048F47E0A4F5B98E1F8BDA79CE19D.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-07-2007 | 07:21 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: HondaRocket1

No,...I have met some really nice caring people on here there's just some that are kinda mean to me.

[IMG]local://upfiles/24584/CCA6F35A046F4DB6ADCB8CA688A42584.jpg[/IMG]
OK, I'm callin it, B.S. He's not real. Another imposter or Troll [sm=bustedsign.gif][sm=bs.gif]

Old 02-07-2007 | 07:23 PM
HondaRocket1
Banned

lol,...ya think

Old 02-07-2007 | 07:33 PM
chopperz71
Road Master

lol,...ya think

Sup... Seth

Old 02-07-2007 | 08:21 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

honda riders are the same kids that showed up at baseball practice with a pleather mit,white tennis shoes w/black socks,,pink tanktop and a cracker jax toy whistle around his neck!!!

Old 02-07-2007 | 08:32 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

This guy isn't real..I have been around the block on forums a few times. It however is funny stuff!!

Old 02-07-2007 | 09:02 PM
Jonny Cannon
Road Warrior

Hmm...rice burning versus oil-leaking. Here's my crotch-rocket perspective. I haven't owned manymetric cruisers.

I constantly rib my buddies who drive 600's. In the sportbike world, there is a great deal of poking-fun at the 600cc bikes versus the litre-class. Whenever I would hear about why their 600 is so agile, light, quick, etc., compared to my Hayabusa, I would say "Yes - that's a cute little 600. My wife drives one."

Then I came home with a Ducati 748, and oh how I ate crow.

I've owned many, many bikes, from all the manufacturer's.I like to think now that I own a Harley-Davidson, and an exotic, expensive, Italian racebike, I have either reached middle age, my mid-life crisis, or now I have achieved a high-class level in society where I own the best and most expensive out there, which of course complement my rapier wit, devilish charm, and stunning good looks.

Hondas are, in my opinion, probably the best made and easiest to work on of the Japanese bikes. The fit and finish is the best of the big four, and the quality of workmanship is much better. Everything goes together better, is designed better, etc. However, you pay for it. Most Hondas are more expensive than their Japanese counterparts, as are parts. They keep their resale value better.

I am not a big fan of Kawasaki. Out of the Kawi's I've owned, I've found them to be uncomfortable, a technological nightmare, they shake loose (you don't have to be on a V-Twin to have bolts fall off), bleah. Parts always seem to be on back-order for these things. I don't think I'd ever buy another one again.

Suzuki were the killers in the 90's. All the GSXR's were fast as hell, but generally didn't last much past 30,000 km's. they weren't any more difficult to work on than anything else, but they broke quicker. The early 2000's saw them get back into the swing of things. The Hayabusa was an amazing piece of work, and the new GSXR's go like hell. The engines are much tougher than before, as are the drivetrains and clutches. I put 60,000 km's onj my Busa without changing the clutch, nothing. And I drove the living **** out of it.

The Yamaha's I've owned have always been reliable and strong. I put 400 HP through my FJ1200, and it held together. It was Yamaha who finally dethroned Ducati in 1999 when the new generation of R1's were released.

I'm currently building a Pro-Street chopper out of my Yamaha V-Max.Metric bikes are slowly making their way through the show circuits as professional builders see a market niche. Why not? It's another 50% of the market.

My experience with the bike shows, with regards to all of the bikes is this - even the Harleys are frowned upon outside of their own classes. Once you get into the Builder or Pro Builders classes, no one uses HD motors or tranny's, opting for other V-Twin manufacturers, like, say, Merch (or whatever they're called now), TP, etc. I do have a fair bit of experience with the show circuit, as well. My bikes have been in magazines, I have made television appearances, and I do a fair spot of technical writing for webpages, mags, etc, if I may humbly toot my own horn.

The Deuce I just built is the first HD I have owned, and I must agree that the sound is often imitated, but never duplicated. I have enver ridden any other bike that can generate the sound that a Hog can.

I have found that factory HD parts are VERY expensive compared to other manufacturers, but aftermarket parts are comparable to any other model out there. Yes, bolts do shake themselves loose, etc, but that is merely the nature of the V-Twin beast, irregardless of where it comes from. I have owned many inline 4's that shake bolts out, too.

Old 02-07-2007 | 10:33 PM
Motogo
Road Captain

I respect anybody who gets in the wind. I just respect thim from a Bad @$$ Harley F**kin Davidson Iron Horse.

OK i feel better...wheres the strikin paper...hope we aint out!

Old 02-07-2007 | 10:44 PM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

Really? I was told the Goldwing is one of the post difficult bikes to work on.

Old 02-07-2007 | 10:46 PM
JamieCarr
Banned

Ok,...for everyone who didn't catch it!

Hondarocket1 is a fake account I made,....it's not real,.....lol

My little welcome back gift to the mods on the forums,...

Hope yall laughed as much as I did.

Quick Reply: Harley Bashing