General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Harley Bashing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007 | 11:39 PM
Custom07RKC
Outstanding HDF Member
Default RE: Harley Bashing

ORIGINAL: Soft06

An Oberservation:

There was a post on here by a nice enough guy that had some links to pics of his bike, it wasn't a Harley. A few responses weren't very nice, but most were respectful and pointed out that he at least rode. I have to tell you, I was impressed. The fellow that posted his ride on a Harley forum had to expect some ribbing, kinda like before I changed my pipes I would get: "Dude, start your bike"...It is started I'd scream,,,laughing at the same time as them.
My point is, someone posted a link to a Goldwing forum, so I popped on over for a read the last few days. I AM BLOWN AWAY at how much Harley bashing goes on there!!!!!!!!! The HD Forum seems to spread info and help and laughter about Harelys and anything else we find that gets us going. There..the TOPIC is Harleys, and how can we bad mouth them today.
Seems as though 99% of the riders here practice live and let live. So I want to thank the HD Forum riders for it's wisdom & kindness to all motorcycle riders.
I agree 100% and if you ever have a chance go visit a rice rocket forum and read some of the infantile badgering that goes on there. I could imagine if someone posted a pic of their HD on the rocket forum, all He$$ would break loose.

Old 02-06-2007 | 11:46 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member

Can we all just have a group hug???

[sm=boink3.gif]

Old 02-06-2007 | 11:47 PM
cowboy Harry
Road Warrior

Heres a quarter,,,,,call some one who cares.[8D]

Old 02-06-2007 | 11:50 PM
chopperz71
Road Master

One of my best friends owns a Honda Dealership. We have a lot of fun giving each other a hard time. But 2 wheels are 2 wheels. The brand doesn't make the person. But, I still wouldn't trade my HD.

Old 02-06-2007 | 11:51 PM
randy78045
Big Kahuna HDF Member

I actually had a guy on a metric wave to me as he passed me on the streets today...

Old 02-07-2007 | 12:11 AM
SiLlY
Road Warrior

As I've always said.. I dont give a **** what you ride.

Old 02-07-2007 | 12:17 AM
vinnypie
Cruiser

I LOVE YOU GUYS...... GIMME A HUG

Old 02-07-2007 | 12:24 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member

The houseboat with 2 wheels forum. (Goldwing)They come with a/c and airbags. You may as well drive a car. My dad has one. I haven't figured him out. He goes back and forth between Harley's and Goldwings. If your gonna get a bike with all the stuff, that's great! I always wanted a Sportie. Just a fun bike. Back to topic. Harley's aren't the greatest performers compared to other bikes. They are an American Heritage. They aren't men't to be fast and state of the art. They are a bare bones down to earth last of a breed bike. I could have spent my 10 grand and got a Hayabusa and came on bragging having the fastest bike in the world, or just buying a scoot that makes people melt everytime I start her up.

Old 02-07-2007 | 12:38 AM
Aces N Eights

ORIGINAL: Soft06

An Oberservation:

There was a post on here by a nice enough guy that had some links to pics of his bike, it wasn't a Harley. A few responses weren't very nice, but most were respectful and pointed out that he at least rode. I have to tell you, I was impressed. The fellow that posted his ride on a Harley forum had to expect some ribbing, kinda like before I changed my pipes I would get: "Dude, start your bike"...It is started I'd scream,,,laughing at the same time as them.
My point is, someone posted a link to a Goldwing forum, so I popped on over for a read the last few days. I AM BLOWN AWAY at how much Harley bashing goes on there!!!!!!!!! The HD Forum seems to spread info and help and laughter about Harelys and anything else we find that gets us going. There..the TOPIC is Harleys, and how can we bad mouth them today.
Seems as though 99% of the riders here practice live and let live. So I want to thank the HD Forum riders for it's wisdom & kindness to all motorcycle riders.
We should all join and respond to their posts HE HE HE, That could be fun. Then again, I have been told I was confronstational but I said BULL ****!!!!!!! but he didn't belive me.

Old 02-07-2007 | 12:40 AM
CSI
Ultimate HDF Member

The fact that a person rides, is what is important. Not what they ride. If they are happy with their purchase, fine by me. I'm not making the payment on it.

But for ME? NOTHING LOOKS like, or SOUNDS like a Harley. You can try to copy cat all you want, and in the end.....it's just an imitation of the real thing.

Quick Reply: Harley Bashing