General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spark Plug question

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2013 | 10:41 PM
Jarhead Red
|
Tourer
Question Spark Plug question

Has anyone seen the ad on the right side of the forums for the Pulstar spark plug. Anyone used it? Any reason to doubt the claims made by the ad that it will boost Fuel Economy up to 10%, give up to a 12% horsepower increase?

Anyone got any thoughts?

Pulstar-incognitoproducts.com is the website from the ad.

Old 01-18-2013 | 10:51 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member

There is a real nice thread on here you might want to look up and read before any decision making.....Just saying.

Old 01-18-2013 | 11:44 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member

No spark plug alone is going to magically bump up performance or gas mileage , plug is only going to perform up to par with the rest of your ignition system & coil . Some plugs do burn cleaner or a bit better than others but those numbers are straight bullshit , pay close attention to the words " up too ....... " .

Old 01-18-2013 | 11:51 PM
vonivo
Advanced

Originally Posted by Jarhead Red
Has anyone seen the ad on the right side of the forums for the Pulstar spark plug. Anyone used it? Any reason to doubt the claims made by the ad that it will boost Fuel Economy up to 10%, give up to a 12% horsepower increase?

Anyone got any thoughts?

Pulstar-incognitoproducts.com is the website from the ad.

Yes I've seen it. They are the new snake oil product of the month and have been proven to be a complete waste of money. They do not live up to the hype they put out themselves! A two dollar hd or autolite plug puts out the same performance.

Old 01-19-2013 | 02:34 AM
baka1969
Extreme HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Yep. It's snake oil.

Old 01-19-2013 | 07:31 AM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member

A new spark plug of almost any kind will perform significantly better than one that is worn out, fouled, glazed, etc., etc. that is causing the engine to misfire. Products like this, that make unrealistic and unsubstantiated claims are usually referred to professionally as . . . "Mouse Milk" . . . on the other hand . . . if you'll put Cow Magnets on your fuel line . . . . Jeez!

Old 01-19-2013 | 09:35 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member

Never have tried any fancy spark plugs. Never felt the need. I never believe anyone's hype. A fool and his money is soon separated by silver tongue snake oil salesmen extolling tales of wondrous products.

Old 01-19-2013 | 09:50 AM
heybaylor
Stellar HDF Member

wow, you guys telling me that "splitfires"dont have two flame fronts with one lead ......lol

Old 01-20-2013 | 06:41 AM
Jarhead Red
|
Tourer

LOL....You guys are crackin' me up. I was just curious if anyone had tried them, more so for the claim of longevity than the "power gains". I sat there staring at the fact that they're 72.00 for a set!

Sometimes I'll try some snake oil if it's close to the same price and curiosity get's the best of me.......it didn't this time though!

Old 01-20-2013 | 08:03 AM
big cahuna
Grand HDF Member

Right after I bought my '96 cop bike, I decided to take a look at the plugs. I was surprised to find the front gapped at .025 and the rear was .030. It started good ,rand good to issues at all. I regapped them to .038 and didn't notice any difference at all. I say buy the cheapest correct fitting plug you can find. At around $3 for a champion plug, you won't gain anything at all by spending $6-$12 each for a "super" plug.

Quick Reply: Spark Plug question