General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

snow-cold

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 01:03 PM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default snow-cold

it is 2 above and snowing, supposed to get 3 to 5 inches of this stuff. AARRGGG, enough is enough, I just got back from takeing my grandson to school and dropping my daughters car off for repairs, took her to the store and picked up some stuff for her and some salsa and chips so I can pig out..this sucks, if one more person tells me to have a nice day I may just kill them, slow, and hard, drown them in cold melted snow while I crack his gonads with a nut cracker..God I hate winter, I really do, when I was younger I enjoyed it, but not now, house bound don't cut it..I need a four whell drive and a snowmobile, something, anything to help get me through this..AAHH I feel better already, thanks for listening,now if only the Bears would have won[&o]

Old 02-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: snow-cold

Misssery has been miserable for over a month now. Oh yea, when I was younger I would ride even in the snow. I don't mean snow on the sides; I mean snow on the road. Drag my feet like skies. Yea, crashing was part of it. No more of that, the old Honda weighed a lot less plus in those days I was bullet proof like every youngster.

Old 02-06-2007, 01:21 PM
Tin Gizel
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's my take on winter....I have a big 4x4 with 36" tires so I can play in the snow. If it's going to be in the teens with windchills in the negatives than i expect about a foot or moreof snow on the ground. What I can't stand is sub zero temps and no snow, just some ice patches here and there. So unless it's gonna snow, let's get some friggin warm weather already!

Old 02-06-2007, 01:32 PM
grunt
Extreme HDF Member

ORIGINAL: Bear64
...this sucks, if one more person tells me to have a nice day I may just kill them, slow, and hard, drown them in cold melted snow while I crack his gonads with a nut cracker..God I hate winter, I really do, when I was younger I enjoyed it, but not now, house bound don't cut it..I need a four whell drive and a snowmobile, something, anything to help get me through this..AAHH I feel better already, thanks for listening,now if only the Bears would have won
Don't mention da Bears [:@]- I've got the post-SB stuff on blackout so I can erase the memory of that game.

I got sick of winter back in 95, moving from Chi-town (and from the Quad cities to Chi-town before that)to Dallas. Now 'cold' is about 26, and only a few days of snow/ice (too much this year, tho).

Old 02-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Bear64
Banned

can you make it up here to take me for a ride? sounds like fun to me[sm=bounceybounce.gif]

Old 02-06-2007, 02:13 PM
Soft06
Outstanding HDF Member

All I can say, being in Southern California, 80 degrees today is a four letter word....

"BRRR"

Old 02-06-2007, 02:34 PM
shutin
Advanced

not as much fun as the bike, but it will have to do.

[IMG]local://upfiles/10805/D13F346050244111865CC3BF007B6B4E.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-06-2007, 03:36 PM
Micky B
Advanced

Looks like fun! It's 1 or 2 here(degrees).Feb. and Mar.usually sneek in a 40-50 day here and there[sm=happybounce.gif]

Old 02-06-2007, 03:49 PM
dfirecpt
Cruiser

I was excited to see that no snow had fallen overnight. Then 6:00 the sky opens up...
Now I'm spending the better part of my day, shoveling snow. I used to love this **** as a kid, probably could learn to love it again, if I did not have to work in it.

Then I see the idiot drivers.
Fire dept. was dispatched to two accidents on US 20, 15 minutes and two miles apart. The first incident I was doing traffic control. Freaking clowns on cell phones and almost white out conditions. Second incident, I was command. Much better that the LEO's were able to slow down traffic.

Come on spring!

Old 02-08-2007, 01:11 AM
wldbill
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No ride is too cold if the fire is lit!! Lead, SD

Quick Reply: snow-cold